+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-T Hurricane season in full swing - Florence to devastate N Carolina coast

O-T Hurricane season in full swing - Florence to devastate N Carolina coast

We have 3 hurricanes running in the mid-Atlantic, with the most powerful, Florence set to smash into North Carolina on Friday....130 to 140 mph winds and 20 to 40 inches of rain....ouch

Isaac will hit the Caribbean Islands tomorrow, then onto Central America and possibly Mexico, Helene should wander around aimlessly in mid-Atlantic.

We have a separate "disturbance 1" building just off Cancun, but it's strength and track is uncertain.

For those that find these things interesting, an interactive map (hover and click, back-arrow etc) updated every 6 hours or so. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2

If the worse comes to the worse, Mr Trump will get those mines working max capacity to produce enough coal to keep everyone warm.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If the worse comes to the worse, Mr Trump will get those mines working max capacity to produce enough coal to keep everyone warm.

Not if Scargill is still around he won’t..

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    We have 3 hurricanes running in the mid-Atlantic, with the most powerful, Florence set to smash into North Carolina on Friday....130 to 140 mph winds and 20 to 40 inches of rain....ouch

Isaac will hit the Caribbean Islands tomorrow, then onto Central America and possibly Mexico, Helene should wander around aimlessly in mid-Atlantic.

We have a separate "disturbance 1" building just off Cancun, but it's strength and track is uncertain.

For those that find these things interesting, an interactive map (hover and click, back-arrow etc) updated every 6 hours or so. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2
    Won't just be the coast, looking at the current proposed track. Inland including parts of Georgia will be affected. Certainly if it slows down, there will be flooding.

When you've survived the eye of Hurricane Irma clinging to a tree wearing nothing but your swim shorts you can talk.

These latest ones are what I'd describe as 'blustery showers' in comparison.

We have friends in Virginia and North Carolina and they are batting down the hatches ready for the worst.

i961, what use are cricket bats? Battening works a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    i961, what use are cricket bats? Battening works a lot better.
    I would have thought baseball bats were more likely than cricket bats over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would have thought baseball bats were more likely than cricket bats over there.
    Those rounders racquets are hard to nail though I hear

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Those rounders racquets are hard to nail though I hear
    Drill a pilot hole first, then put a drop of cyano-acrylate on the middle of the nail before using a Birmingham screwdriver on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast