+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catering at NYS

Catering at NYS

There are some comments on the Barnsley / Look North thread about how poor the catering (Lindleys?) is at NYS, and this seems to be a recurrent theme over the last few years. My own experiences have been limited to half a dozen bovrils, so can't really pass an opinion.

Point is, has anyone ever contacted the catering co. re the training and service at NYS? If so, was there a response.

I understand the the catering co guarantee an income to the club over a period of years, and this must make things easier for RUFC rather than recruiting, training, retaining staff.

Do you think more people would use the service if it was quicker, maybe a bit cheaper, and knowing all profits went to RUFC?

2 or 3 pints of Smiths before match in the High Bar @ <£2:00 a pint

Don't expect RUFC to match those prices but £3.70 a pint is taking the p!$$

Plus it sometimes looks like the counter staff @ NYS have never pulled a pint before
    Remember once asking for a S&K pukka pie at the Pie counter in West stand to be told "Sorry none left"
    I pointed out the plethora of them in the Bar area which they could have just turned round and collected
    But was told no it could not be done, join the longer Q

Constantly suggested they start pre pulling pints 15 minutes before HT but that also seems to be beyond their comprehension

Lindley made aware of all above but no reponse (as with similar to Mr Douglas etc) hence my earlier post re Barnsley's customer experience

We had Lindleys at oakwell , we may still do but I won't buy anything inside the ground these days .

Shockingly poor quality , overpriced and totally unorganised staff .

Catering van at the bottom of the Pontefract Road car park is half the price , more choice , better quality and friendlier , £3 last saturday for a huge roast pork sandwich with stuffing and crackling , beautiful and a bargain .

This needs sorting. The Millers were the first EVER club to sell Pukka Pies and anything that brings that proud association into disrepute is not acceptable:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukka_Pies

Expensive and slow service.

And still no Steak only Pukka pies!

Don't want Steak and Kidney or Kidney and Steak as it should be called.

Also why don't they do peas or chips?

Non-league clubs you can get them.

But thinking about it 3pm to 5pm you shouldn't really be eating pies anyway, you're between meals.
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-09-2018 at 12:18 PM.

The prices are slightly higher than they should be, but you should eat it while watching the second half and not just gobble it all down causing indegestion.

Not a lot to eat near stadium is there I would love some restaurants in place of guest and chimes building. That one burger van owner is raking it in

Is Eric Twigg still sponsoring this site of can we be honest?

Never been a huge fan of Pukka Pies at all and don't know why they became so popular.

Have about 10% of the meat of a pie from the butchers, maybe less.

They're gravy pies not meat pies.
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-09-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    This needs sorting. The Millers were the first EVER club to sell Pukka Pies and anything that brings that proud association into disrepute is not acceptable:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukka_Pies
    Anybody got the full Eric Twigg memorial tribute song lyrics, which appeared on Millersmad. It was retweeted from a Newcastle U website (or fanzine), I think. It started with

Bye bye,
    the guy who baked all the pies
    I took our Trev out for a bevvy
    and we ate four or five...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.

I tried to tell a young lass how to pull a pint (without sounding arrogant) not noticed her there since ��

I’ve took a pint or two back (dishwasher water)

Don’t have much trouble with pies, still I had to take one back ,hot outside, cold inside)

I now only have a pie at at NYS , pint in pub before hand (when not driving of course)

If you keep e mailing them then I’m sure something will be done eventually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast