+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    I will take that as a compliment Monty? Viva the enlightenment.
    It was also meant as a bit of a joke considering you're the optimist and I'm the cynic!

I was going to reply with that kind of comment, i much prefer the term rational Skeptic.

I was going to reply with that kind of comment, i much prefer the term rational Skeptic.
    My nickname here is Germolene as I'm an avowed antiskeptic! Ouch, that's bad even for me.

Shocking.

Shocking.
    I still hope to hear from BOTN. I'm genuinely interested in these things and never dismiss anyone's experiences.

I remember my friends dad telling us about something he'd seen whilst working at the steel works at templeborough. A group of them were going to the shower rooms when they saw the outlines of what he described as Roman soldiers. It's well documented that there was a Roman garrison based there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highhazelmiller View Post
    I remember my friends dad telling us about something he'd seen whilst working at the steel works at templeborough. A group of them were going to the shower rooms when they saw the outlines of what he described as Roman soldiers. It's well documented that there was a Roman garrison based there.
    Thanks for this. There are quite a few accounts of ghostly Roman legionaries being seen in various localities in Britain.

Monty
    I used to do private security work which meant accompanying clients to business meetings etc.
    I stayed at a hotel in Scotland which was supposed to be haunted.
    I stayed in a old Victorian room lovely but old.

First night I woke up and the tv was on the bathroom light had been turned on.
    I spoke to receptionist she just simply said it happens in a few of the rooms it’s part of the hotel don’t worry about it.

Second night 3am woke up to see a old man stood at end of bed. I basically sat up watched him walk away and just disappeared at the door.
    I’ll await the ridicule but a genuine story.

Yep it scared the **** out of me and I’m 6ft 5 and 19 stone so yes I’m convinced I saw a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Monty
    I used to do private security work which meant accompanying clients to business meetings etc.
    I stayed at a hotel in Scotland which was supposed to be haunted.
    I stayed in a old Victorian room lovely but old.

First night I woke up and the tv was on the bathroom light had been turned on.
    I spoke to receptionist she just simply said it happens in a few of the rooms it’s part of the hotel don’t worry about it.

Second night 3am woke up to see a old man stood at end of bed. I basically sat up watched him walk away and just disappeared at the door.
    I’ll await the ridicule but a genuine story.

Yep it scared the **** out of me and I’m 6ft 5 and 19 stone so yes I’m convinced I saw a ghost.
    No ridicule from me. That's a very interesting experience. The light and TV thing reminds me of something that I experienced even though I stated above I had never seen a ghost. In 1964 I lived at the Terrace pub in Kilnhurst. There was a room upstairs that had once been a meeting room and it had a small annex off it. The room felt very odd and no one ever slept in it. If you closed and locked the annex door, took away the key or whatever, every morning the door would be wide open. I know absolutely that this happened on occasions when no person could possibly have been involved.

No ridicule from me either. When i was young man I suffered a lot from sleep paralysis and it is both frightening and odd. At first I felt it was supernatural but having researched it, it is just a trick of a very complex brain. I never said you were being disingenuous. I am merely stating a fact the the brain can play impressive tricks on us. Even what you saw is not proof of a ghost (whatever a ghost is) just proof that something strange happened.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast