+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Ghosts

...I once went into an haunted house and got chased out by ghosties and ghoulies.. I was pleased I was caught by the ghosties...

Owd uns are the best!

Seriously though, read the book "trick of the mind" by Derren Brown which explains how the mind can be manipulated to believe owt. He debunks sprirtualists who say they can speak to the dead and exposes them as charlatans.

The power of suggestion is a powerful thing and he should know what he is talking about with the things he gets people to believe.

Also you can consider how it has been proven that positive thought can help improve medical conditions.

Basically its all in the mind! If you truly think you will see a ghost/ ufo you will.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-09-2018 at 10:06 AM.

From old Millmoor Lane, I saw Casper ghost in a few times to score...
    (sorry, coudn't resist)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-09-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Bit off topic, but went on an Ouija Board about 44 years ago and life has pretty much panned out the way our contact said it would.
    Last edited by sota; 16-09-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Bit off topic, but went on an Ouija Board about 44 years ago and life has pretty much panned out the way our contact said it would.
    Well, sota, mon ami, I am heartily pleased that my experience was the opposite. Did the Ouija board thing in 1974 (one and only time) and the damn thing told me I would die the next time I drove a car. Scared the pants off me. I think though I am still here. Well, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...I once went into an haunted house and got chased out by ghosties and ghoulies.. I was pleased I was caught by the ghosties...

Owd uns are the best!
    There's always one (or in your and mike's case possibly two). I take your point about suggestion and I'm certain it explains many odd sightings. however, because something may be down to suggestion does not mean that all phenomena are down to suggestion. I shall put the experiences mentioned by posters above in my "Unexplained Box". Btw, your joke was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Well, sota, mon ami, I am heartily pleased that my experience was the opposite. Did the Ouija board thing in 1974 (one and only time) and the damn thing told me I would die the next time I drove a car. Scared the pants off me. I think though I am still here. Well, sort of.
    So The board was wrong? Quelle suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    So The board was wrong? Quelle suprise.
    Well nobody ever claimed spirits could foresee the future.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Well nobody ever claimed spirits could foresee the future.
    Plenty of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    From old Millmoor Lane, I saw Casper ghost in a few times to score...
    (sorry, coudn't resist)
    ...Name:  casper.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  25.8 KB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast