+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t food for thought 10 years on

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    My goggles are quite clearly working fine, they allow me to see straight through the tory party and it's supporters, to see exactly what they're doing to the NHS that you claim to support, why arent you railing against the creeping privatisation of the NHS? the same privatisation that's ruined the rail industry and utilities, ran for profit over people. My goggles allow me to see straight through your lawyer waffle and deflection.
    If outsourcing NHS work makes financial and clinical sense, I can see no reason why it shouldn't happen. That's because my interest in the NHS is practical rather than ideological.

I take it that you support the notion of spending almost twice as much on the tuition fee bribe as would be put into NHS and social care as additional funding? We part company on that...
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 14-09-2018 at 07:42 PM.

And still got skanked by the banker promising me the endowment policy would pay the mortgage, and more, and that is the main point, the only relevant point, they were mis-sold by the million and you're blaming the borrower, well done fella.
    I wasn't aware that we had talked about endowments such as to allow me to blame the borrower? I certainly wasn't aware that they featured in the 2008 crash.

I assume that you made a mis-selling claim like I did?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    If outsourcing NHS work makes financial and clinical sense, I can see no reason why it shouldn't happen. That's because my intersest in the NHS is practical rather than idelogical.

I take it that you support the notion of spending almost twice as much on the tuition fee bribe as would be put into NHS and social care as additional funding? We part company on that?
    It doesn't though does it? it leads to poorer service (see the rail industry, the utilities, poorer service, higher prices) plainly.

I wasn't aware that we had talked about endowments such as to allow me to blame the borrower? I certainly wasn't aware that they featured in the 2008 crash.

I assume that you made a mis-selling claim like I did?
    I suppose we didn't specifically, but it's in the same ballpark isn't it, and yes i claimed it back, it didn't cover my mortgage, surprise surprise!

It doesn't though does it? it leads to poorer service (see the rail industry, the utilities, poorer service, higher prices) plainly.
    I use the railways almost every day. The service is streets ahead of British Rail. Neither you nor I know what the state and price of the utilities would be had they not been privatised and so it is impossible to say if they would be worse or better. What I do know is that competitive pressures will inevitably work to bring prices down.

Pursuing ideological ends costs taxpayer money.

Any thoughts on the relative expenditure on the tuition fee bribe and health? Happy with that are you?

This is the thing isn't it with the finance industry and it hardly places confidence in their abilities to act in a professional and credible matter .

Endowment policy scandal , the mis selling of pensions and PPI .

These are serious financial products and have long term consequences for customers if they aren't fit for purpose or sold underhand .

This particular aspect of free market capitalism seems incapable of accepting leaner times and it seems they are capable of almost anything to keep the bonuses and culture moving forward .

Almost every other sector seems to have ways of working their way through harsh times but not it seems the finance industry or possibly more to the point the people who run these businesses .

The little people get made redundant and the consumer suffers when high street banks close or ATM's are shut down but not those at the very top , the bigger mess they create the richer they seem to get .

Bizarre industry .

I use the railways almost every day. The service is streets ahead of British Rail. Neither you nor I know what the state and price of the utilities would be had they not been privatised and so it is impossible to say if they would be worse or better. What I do know is that competitive pressures will inevitably work to bring prices down.

Any thoughts on the relative expenditure on the tuition fee bribe and health? Happy with that are you?
    Continually deflecting to times gone past, so, if we're going on suppositions, what makes you think that a nationalised rail industry won't be better than the current set up? I've travelled on trains in a few European countries, Germany, France, Italy, all public owned, all punctual to the Nth degree, all a whole lot cheaper and pristine and modern, whatever you think, our rail services pale into insignificance when compared like for like.

M y thoughts on the tuition fees, are this, the policy is to stop tuition fees and i fully support it. I expect our generation should have the basic deceny and honesty to give the current generation the same benefits, after all, where would kerr avon be without my taxes going towards his higher education eh?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is the thing isn't it with the finance industry and it hardly places confidence in their abilities to act in a professional and credible matter .

Endowment policy scandal , the mis selling of pensions and PPI .

These are serious financial products and have long term consequences for customers if they aren't fit for purpose or sold underhand .

This particular aspect of free market capitalism seems incapable of accepting leaner times and it seems they are capable of almost anything to keep the bonuses and culture moving forward .

Almost every other sector seems to have ways of working their way through harsh times but not it seems the finance industry or possibly more to the point the people who run these businesses .

The little people get made redundant and the consumer suffers when high street banks close or ATM's are shut down but not those at the very top , the bigger mess they create the richer they seem to get .

Bizarre industry .
    The finance industry is different to many others in that it it often trades in risk. Endowments were mis-sold (for many years - not just in harsh times), because the people selling them underestimated the risk that market returns would fall from historical levels - a schoolboy error, but there you go - we are all guilty of over optimism at times - you only have to read these boards before the start of a football season to see that.

Don't know much about the genesis of pensions and PPI misselling.

The finance industry is different to many others in that it it often trades in risk. Endowments were mis-sold (for many years - not just in harsh times), because the people selling them underestimated the risk that market returns would fall from historical levels - a schoolboy error, but there you go - we are all guilty of over optimism at times - you only have to read these boards before the start of a football season to see that.

Don't know much about the genesis of pensions and PPI misselling.
    Haha, our resident lawyer comparing a so called profession of banking to a football message board!! priceless that....

My view is that the ultra competitiveness will end up knocking companies out for the count leaving only one remaining super heavyweight as time evolves .

You are already seeing this with Amazon and Apple and there's talk of mergers between two of the big four supermarkets .

Once they have cleared the decks they will have the market for themselves and nobody will be able to set up and take them on .

The signs definitely point to that eventuality .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast