+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t get me wrong but are we too tight with our budget.

Don’t get me wrong but are we too tight with our budget.

No I don’t want to go back to the dark days & yes I have seen Bolton,Birmingham struggle.I am a Miller because it’s in the blood but I don’t think it’s the case with a lot of the younger supporters.We seem to be plodding along at one pace ,wouldn’t it be nice to push the boat out a little bit & bring in two loan players that excites instead of the good to their mum & go to church on Sundays type players.We have been told that we have a good competitive budget year in year out but it would be nice to see that little bit more class on the field.Some will agree some of you will not but I do feel that we are becoming a little too predictable in our approach. I’ve got my tin hat on & broad should so you who don’t agree fire a way.

My answer to this Lol is I simply can't decide and have accepted it's above my pay grade. I assume the club is pursuing the policy that it believes best in the circumstances. So put me down as a "Don't Know".

To be honest monty I’m also in the don’t know but I just feel like this is it & nothing more.My days as a Miller are numbered & I just don’t think we are doing enough for the younger fans.I suppose we have had the best years of being a Miller & I thank them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    To be honest monty I’m also in the don’t know but I just feel like this is it & nothing more.My days as a Miller are numbered & I just don’t think we are doing enough for the younger fans.I suppose we have had the best years of being a Miller & I thank them for that.
    My days are numbered full stop. Other than that I agree with you. But I don't like change. I hanker for football as it was in the 60s and 70s, for Millmoor at it's best, and I hate what our towns have become. I loved old Masbrough as it was. nearly every place that meant something special to me has been demolished.

I said all summer I hoped we'd have gone for an Ofoe, Jody Morris or Carl Robinson to compliment what we already have.
    Those players turned us from strugglers to mid table safety. Ofoe would have done that too.

Excessive salaries should have been ok with the squad because they were loans, they would have helped them to win / points gained bonuses and it's only a temporary liability for the club

As long as we're spending within limits then it's the right approach IMO

Unless we get a Sugar Daddy willing to part with cash for no if little return then we have to accept that we're operating at full financial capacity.

Never want to have to go back to the old days of debt and administration.

At some point the football money bubble will burst then with the prudent stewardship others will go under while we survive

Im in the "yes, I agree" camp. I have a theory that warne doesn't back himself to be able to manage players that are on more money than "the lads". It takes a certain skill set to be able to keep harmony in such circumstances. Doubt I could do it. Maybe, just maybe, warne has an issue with players being paid more than him? In my opinion, warne deals with such issues by simply avoiding them. He manages like a school teacher (unsurprisingly given his background).

Im not totally convinced therefore that the lack of spending is down to TS/RUFC, more through warneys chosen path. If it works, brilliant, we'll stay up AND be minted but its hard to watch us week in, week out, not having the ball and just "playing shape".

All that said. I eagerly await next years accounts to see how the income/expenditure looks for this season.

My look on it is that I believe the club is preparing for both posibilities for next season.

My goodness I hope that it's in the Championship so that Warne can believe in himself more.

I think you are probably right Frog. (did I actually say that?).

Prudence dictates that both possibilities exist, and too much investment in the playing side could easily lead a club our size into the Stockport, Tranmere type situation.

I'm firmly in the 'no' camp, rather have us plodding along and certain survival than gamble for a year or two, for what? mid table?

According to Tony Stewart we don't and have never had a budget ..That's what he said at the forum the other week . He chucks money in as and when its needed but regarding a actual fugue they work to FFP and that's it .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast