+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Announcements 11:30am Today?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Apparently, Dimitar Evtimov, is just as dodgy as Fitz and Viera will be "one for the future" and touted as a "future England international", only to be released in 12 months time. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Vieira might do OK in the end mate, let's let him settle in if it is him before we write him off. I can't see Fitz improving due to his confidence being shot to bits now, at least the new keeper might come for crosses ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Vieira might do OK in the end mate, let's let him settle in if it is him before we write him off. I can't see Fitz improving due to his confidence being shot to bits now, at least the new keeper might come for crosses ha ha.
    That's the issue with social media, he must be getting sight one way or another to the constant "new keeper?" messages and it can't be helping his performances. Important fans get behind him tomorrow, I do think if he can get his confidence back he will be half decent for us as he was last season.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    That's the issue with social media, he must be getting sight one way or another to the constant "new keeper?" messages and it can't be helping his performances. Important fans get behind him tomorrow, I do think if he can get his confidence back he will be half decent for us as he was last season.
    The problem is he's been poor all season. I remember against Derby he let in a howler that was straight at him. Being a number 1 keeper is a big responsibility. Last year he had zero expectations on him, he knew that Collin would return so he had a positive pressure that he could go and impress. Now he is number 1 it's dawned on him that there is no one to come in and rescue him, the pressure well and truly is on. We saw what happened with Speiss when Bart left, he was crushed by the pressure (and the fact Derry just didn't play him, playing a 41 year old goalie coach when Carroll was on international duty must have hurt). That season we was lucky to have signed Carroll (much use that it was as we were relegated) but Carroll was a major reason we were up at the top end at the start of the season. Once a keeper has lost his confidence, you really don't want him anywhere near your team, he needs to go on loan to the conference to get his mojo back in my opinion, get him away from the club and rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Already, before the announcement is made - 'dodgy', 'not the players we need', 'tradition to be massively disappointed', 'released in 12 months'.

Sorry to upset you MM, but it's all true............

I truly hope I am proven wrong and shown up to be the miserable owd f@rt that I am, buttttttttt, having been a Notts fan since 1966.............................................. .

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The problem is he's been poor all season. I remember against Derby he let in a howler that was straight at him. Being a number 1 keeper is a big responsibility. Last year he had zero expectations on him, he knew that Collin would return so he had a positive pressure that he could go and impress. Now he is number 1 it's dawned on him that there is no one to come in and rescue him, the pressure well and truly is on. We saw what happened with Speiss when Bart left, he was crushed by the pressure (and the fact Derry just didn't play him, playing a 41 year old goalie coach when Carroll was on international duty must have hurt). That season we was lucky to have signed Carroll (much use that it was as we were relegated) but Carroll was a major reason we were up at the top end at the start of the season. Once a keeper has lost his confidence, you really don't want him anywhere near your team, he needs to go on loan to the conference to get his mojo back in my opinion, get him away from the club and rebuild
    I agree and it's the one position where you can't be carried by your team whilst you get your confidence back. But if there's no one to come in then we are gonna have to give him the support, know nothing about the ex forest keeper but he doesn't fill me with hope, solely on the basis he's hardly played for anyone in the last few years, there must be a reason for that.

About Fitz - a bit drastic Chicken Balti, but maybe a good move - a long break from the first team at least
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 14-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree and it's the one position where you can't be carried by your team whilst you get your confidence back. But if there's no one to come in then we are gonna have to give him the support, know nothing about the ex forest keeper but he doesn't fill me with hope, solely on the basis he's hardly played for anyone in the last few years, there must be a reason for that.
    He had a spell with Mansfield a few years back and tho he did have one excellent game for them, the rest of the time he was poor, and I'm being polite. He's not played a lot of games at all, anywhere, since forest signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump
    Viera will be "one for the future" and touted as a "future England international", only to be released in 12 months time. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Gumpy he is already a Guinea - Bissau international.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-09-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Presumably the two signings will be good enough to walk straight into the starting 11, otherwise why bother? Or maybe we're doing Derry and collecting random young players for fun.

If we are signing out of contract players then they are out of contract for a reason.

If they can do a job for us (even short term) great but I am not expecting world beaters just a little bit better than we have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast