+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Announcements 11:30am Today?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree and it's the one position where you can't be carried by your team whilst you get your confidence back. But if there's no one to come in then we are gonna have to give him the support, know nothing about the ex forest keeper but he doesn't fill me with hope, solely on the basis he's hardly played for anyone in the last few years, there must be a reason for that.
    A lot of keepers don't play a lot of games. Look at Stuart Taylor, he's played in the Champions League but he's played less than a hundred games in his career. There are only 92 spots available in professional football for a keeper so anyone we sign will probably not have played much. Not seen anything of Evtimov so I can't say but his young age I would suspect he'd be the same as Fitzsimons with regards to being nervous

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He had a spell with Mansfield a few years back and tho he did have one excellent game for them, the rest of the time he was poor, and I'm being polite.
    Wikipedia says this of his spell at the inbreds: He played 11 games for the "Stags", and new manager Adam Murray stated that "we attempted to extend his loan but unfortunately for us, Forest see him as part of their long-term plans". If he was that bad, why did they try to extend the loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Wikipedia says this of his spell at the inbreds: He played 11 games for the "Stags", and new manager Adam Murray stated that "we attempted to extend his loan but unfortunately for us, Forest see him as part of their long-term plans". If he was that bad, why did they try to extend the loan?
    Just going by other fans opinions of him. Bo.

Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov endured a nightmare debut for Port Vale, after completing an emergency loan move to the League Two club.

Vale required Evtimov’s services after an injury crisis struck, but the goalkeeper did little to impress on debut.

The 24-year-old made a glaring error to allow Swindon to score a second, as Vale slipped to a 3-0 defeat.

Sounds all too familiar.

Just going by other fans opinions of him. Bo.

Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov endured a nightmare debut for Port Vale, after completing an emergency loan move to the League Two club.

Vale required Evtimov’s services after an injury crisis struck, but the goalkeeper did little to impress on debut.

The 24-year-old made a glaring error to allow Swindon to score a second, as Vale slipped to a 3-0 defeat.

Sounds all too familiar.
    Of yes, there's plenty of bad bits in the Wiki profile*, but the Mansfield games seemed to pass without major incident.

* manager Dougie Freedman said that he "cost us the game" after he allowed a strike from Fernando Forestieri to creep underneath him for the only goal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    A lot of keepers don't play a lot of games. Look at Stuart Taylor, he's played in the Champions League but he's played less than a hundred games in his career. There are only 92 spots available in professional football for a keeper so anyone we sign will probably not have played much. Not seen anything of Evtimov so I can't say but his young age I would suspect he'd be the same as Fitzsimons with regards to being nervous
    Add 'nervous' to the list previously.

How some of our fans react to possible future signings (not even knowing who it is) - you couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

How some of our fans react to possible future signings (not even knowing who it is) - you couldn't make it up!
    He's a young keeper that is potentially being thrust into the number one spot with no real experience. It happened with Speiss, it's happened with Fitzsimons, and all I am saying is that there is the potential for it to happen here. Goalkeeping isn't just about making flashy saves, it's a nuanced position that requires a lot more than people think. There is a reason why goalkeepers can come across as arrogant (Collin and Carroll as examples) it because they need to be confident in themselves, if they have doubts, they let in goals

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

MM has a downer on my downer, ay???

Apparently, Dimitar Evtimov, is just as dodgy as Fitz and Viera will be "one for the future" and touted as a "future England international", only to be released in 12 months time. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Evtimov is not a a very good keeper!

But if he is signed then lets hope he proves us all wrong.

With how bad Fitz has been this season, I would take Bob Caitlin back at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    With how bad Fitz has been this season, I would take Bob Caitlin back at the minute.
    Would you take Pegguy Arphexad?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast