+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Signings: Cedric Evina and Jamie Turley

Thanks Crawleyfaninpeace. Just curious, what is your feeling towards HK and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlefaninpeace View Post
    CTFC fan in peace here

I see you guys are relatively happy with your 2 new signings which is always a good thing

You will find Evina was released by HK as not being up to L2 level (or the level he thought we should be at) HK also bought in a replacement as he had little trust in him and rightly so he isn't the player who was at Donny anymore unfortunately but hopefully for you he improves as was the weak link in our back line last season until Josh Doherty was bought in then he rarely played.

Turley was on trial with us he is a big strong lad and could be the bruiser type player you need at the back - i thought we should have signed him but for whatever reason HK decided not too maybe he knew he was off to Notts in late pre-season who knows

Enzio is a very good player on his day will he go missing in games? yes but he can also be unplayable if you can live with the inconsistency he brings he will be a very good signing for you

Anyway good luck with your season the Oldest football club shouldn't be rooted to the bottom and despite my feeling to HK that certainly doesn't extend to your club or loyal fans
    In his interview yesterday HK alluded that he wanted to sign Turley but club decided otherwise?

TBH compared to our other options at the moment they can’t make matters any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    What are the chances they will start! - we got Davies from Swansea the day after Milsom came back so where is he? - if he is not good enough to start then why was he signed ?

An absolute panic signing on the last day of the tranny window. I doubt you'll ever see him play in a Notts shirt. Played one half of a league 2 game, subbed at half time. May as well have given our own kids a go.

CTFC fan in peace here

I see you guys are relatively happy with your 2 new signings which is always a good thing

You will find Evina was released by HK as not being up to L2 level (or the level he thought we should be at) HK also bought in a replacement as he had little trust in him and rightly so he isn't the player who was at Donny anymore unfortunately but hopefully for you he improves as was the weak link in our back line last season until Josh Doherty was bought in then he rarely played.

Turley was on trial with us he is a big strong lad and could be the bruiser type player you need at the back - i thought we should have signed him but for whatever reason HK decided not too maybe he knew he was off to Notts in late pre-season who knows

Enzio is a very good player on his day will he go missing in games? yes but he can also be unplayable if you can live with the inconsistency he brings he will be a very good signing for you

Anyway good luck with your season the Oldest football club shouldn't be rooted to the bottom and despite my feeling to HK that certainly doesn't extend to your club or loyal fans
    That was a nice post, cheers mate. I think Turley might be half decent for us, my jury is out on Evina as of yet. Good luck to yourselves as well for the rest of the season.

CTFC fan in peace here

Thanks for the information. I’m hoping they can do a job, but am somewhat alarmed about Evina, but like all players he deserves a chance. Turley sounds like he might be able to do a job.

So we have three of your ex players, and your former manager. Your club rapidly appears to becoming a feeder club for us.

From now on let it be know throughout the footballing world we will be known as Notts Crawley.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 15-09-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Thanks for the information. I’m hoping they can do a job, but am somewhat alarmed about Evina, but like all players he deserves a chance. Turley sounds like he might be able to do a job.

So we have three of your ex players, and your former manager. Your club rapidly appears to becoming a feeder club for us.

From now on let it be know throughout the footballing world we will be known as Notts Crawley.
    You have to take the word of someone who has seen the player in action, but HK or Crawley didn't release Evina, as he was only there on loan. It was Doncaster who released him. He did play 34 league games at Crawley last season and 42 for Doncaster in League One in 2015/16. It's not like he has spent his career in the reserves. If HK was so desperate to replace him, why has he brought him to Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You have to take the word of someone who has seen the player in action, but HK or Crawley didn't release Evina, as he was only there on loan. It was Doncaster who released him. He did play 34 league games at Crawley last season and 42 for Doncaster in League One in 2015/16. It's not like he has spent his career in the reserves. If HK was so desperate to replace him, why has he brought him to Notts?
    Yes you are right Evina was on loan from Donny (my mistake on that one) however HK never took up an option to buy him as he had already replaced him with Josh Doherty, However that doesn't make him a bad player we were passing it out very slowly from the back which didn't suit him either - to answer your question i think he bought him to Notts as nobody better available but you will see him play soon enough.

I predict he will start well then drop off which is what happened at Crawley

Turley played a few pre-season friendlies not most of the season as the BBC report but looked a decent player, i'm not sure if HK wanted to sign him or not or if we really needed him but i do think he will do well for you

But like i say good luck for the rest of the season i am hoping we do ourselves and Notts a favour and beat Morecombe today

i did the Q&A for the ***** lincoln forum last week and they asked the same question

My feelings towards HK he pretty much told us when he joined what he told you. He has a huge ego and upset some of the fans when having a pop at us at an away game last season - he lost most of the fans after that

we got 8 more points than the previous season with a much better squad we passed it out from the back in a slow and methodical way and after a few games became easy for the opposition to work us out

our defence didn't improve, however he bought in this preseason some real quality so if he doesn't get sacked or runs off to the next bigger club you really should judge him when he has his own players

I would say he doesn't have a plan b either but i am sure he has lean't from his forst season at Crawley

Yes you are right Evina was on loan from Donny (my mistake on that one) however HK never took up an option to buy him as he had already replaced him with Josh Doherty, However that doesn't make him a bad player we were passing it out very slowly from the back which didn't suit him either - to answer your question i think he bought him to Notts as nobody better available but you will see him play soon enough.

I predict he will start well then drop off which is what happened at Crawley

Turley played a few pre-season friendlies not most of the season as the BBC report but looked a decent player, i'm not sure if HK wanted to sign him or not or if we really needed him but i do think he will do well for you

But like i say good luck for the rest of the season i am hoping we do ourselves and Notts a favour and beat Morecombe today
    P.S. Kudos to Crawley for beating a very direct and physical Lincoln team, fair and square on their own pitch!

This is what gives me some hope of a Notts recovery because the team that beat Lincoln was the team that Harry Kewell built...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456