+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Signings: Cedric Evina and Jamie Turley

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I can't be the only one who sometimes calls them centre backs, just like full backs, but in the centre.
    Centre backs here also....Although sometimes they're full backs

Quote Originally Posted by townmeadsidesplitter View Post
    Sorry you guys, I've just got back from A&E having my ribs put back in, Evina and Turley
    If you had seen our defence this season, your sides would probably still be intact.

Even poor players will provide a significant upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Still prefer him to Vaughan whose not suited to league two football which is evident on his performances this season.
    c

The experience of Vaughan could perhaps be more useful if we had a ball winner
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 14-09-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Well, we at least start tomorrow with a left back. Milsom will make the midfield stronger, so that's two improvements in last week before a ball is kicked.

I think, in view of all the above posts, I'm really beginning to wish I wasn't thinking "well, things started bad... got worse... then got even worser... now surely things can only get better".

2 defenders with a bit of pace by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    2 defenders with a bit of pace by the sounds of it
    If they can stand up for themselves, tackle the striker before he knows what day it is, intercept crosses and give the goalie a tabholing for his silence, they'll get a round of applause from the Kop.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Think the issue is there are no Keepers out there any better. We have had people post on here the free agents and no one has been strongly suggesting who we should get. If the word on the street was the ex forest keeper was decent I am 100% sure we would have signed him.
    He's gone to Burton Albion !

CTFC fan in peace here

I see you guys are relatively happy with your 2 new signings which is always a good thing

You will find Evina was released by HK as not being up to L2 level (or the level he thought we should be at) HK also bought in a replacement as he had little trust in him and rightly so he isn't the player who was at Donny anymore unfortunately but hopefully for you he improves as was the weak link in our back line last season until Josh Doherty was bought in then he rarely played.

Turley was on trial with us he is a big strong lad and could be the bruiser type player you need at the back - i thought we should have signed him but for whatever reason HK decided not too maybe he knew he was off to Notts in late pre-season who knows

Enzio is a very good player on his day will he go missing in games? yes but he can also be unplayable if you can live with the inconsistency he brings he will be a very good signing for you

Anyway good luck with your season the Oldest football club shouldn't be rooted to the bottom and despite my feeling to HK that certainly doesn't extend to your club or loyal fans

What are the chances they will start! - we got Davies from Swansea the day after Milsom came back so where is he? - if he is not good enough to start then why was he signed ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast