+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Millwall - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Millwall midfielder Ryan Leonard could make his first Lions appearance since signing from Sheffield United.

But defender Shaun Hutchinson's knee injury is expected to keep him out for a fourth successive league game.

Leeds are without a number of first-team players, with Tyler Roberts in line to start up front*after injuries to*Patrick Bamford and Kemar Roofe.

Fellow forward Pablo Hernandez and full-back Gaetano Berardi are also absent for the unbeaten league leaders.

Match factsMillwall have won eight of their last nine home matches against Leeds in all competitions (L1).

Leeds have failed to score in any of their last four Championship visits to the Den against Millwall since winning 1-0 in March 2012 via a Ross McCormack goal.

The team scoring first in this league fixture has gone on to win the game in each of the last 11 meetings, since Millwall scored first in August 2010 but went on to lose 3-1 at Elland Road.

Millwall have had just seven shots on target in open play in the Championship this season, four fewer than any other side.

Leeds have registered the best shot conversion rate in the Championship this season (18.2%), scoring 14 goals from 77 shots.

Only Brentford's Neal Maupay (8) has been involved in more Championship goals this season than Kemar Roofe (six - four goals, two assists), and the injured Leeds forward scored and assisted in his last league appearance against Millwall in January.

0 - 2 to Leeds United.

MOT.

How could chipmunkhead Harris ever engineer the defeat of King B ielsa.

I flecking hate Millwall, we are going to have to stand up to them first and then play our game
    I would play Saiz for Roofe, Baker at 10 Dallas for Pablo and Pontus for Beradi
    Experience before the kids then bring them in later
    Come on Leeds
    MOT

dont think theres much choice regarding the starting 11 Colombo....

He has a system and a way of playing that the whole squad buy into or shop out. Seasons are made or broken on reacting to tough breaks so let’s see if those standing in can step up. If Millwall play hoof ball and kick us it should play into the system.

C’mon Leeds - I sense goals from midfield and full back today .....

Hopefully we will win today, but right now I would settle for a draw and no injuries. Mu money is on Morrison taking out one of our players.

Saiz has many attributes but he is not a goalscorer, he's missed a couple of sitters this season already, seems to lose composure in front of goal, either trying to be too clever or rushing the chance (in fact Alioski takes his chances more consistently), so I really don't see Saiz as an option up front. I suspect Bielsa will go with Roberts as he seems to be pretty set on who his preferred choice in each position is, and who is the 'next in line', so up front it appears to be Roofe then Bamford then Roberts. Personally I'm more concerned about how the midfield shapes up. If we go with Philips, Klich, Alioski and Harrison I'm worried we'll be too lightweight and / or too easily wound up leading to cards. I'd be inclined to go with Dallas and / or Baker from the start rather than one or both of Harrison and Alisoki.

Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Douglas, Cooper, Jansson, Phillips, Klich, Alioski, Harrison, Saiz, Roberts

subs: Blackman, Forshaw, Pearce, Dallas, Baker, Edmondson, Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Hopefully we will win today, but right now I would settle for a draw and no injuries. Mu money is on Morrison taking out one of our players.
    Agree..a draw today would be a decent result given the injuries we have and obviously we need to avoid anymore injuries.

Concern for me today is Cooper..always got a mistake or 3 in him and a red card..today is not the day for that kinda sh1te!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)