+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Millwall - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    A very accurate assessment Mrs O, the Den was rocking but you left with a point and I believe you can get promoted this season, your best player was sainz, very clever on the ball. It is why I love watching Millwall , the fans and the passion even if we are down the other end of the table. Teams like Bournemouth are so boring and little support.
    You need to show that level of commitment and performance every GAME Claw mate! You did from Christmas on last season - just need to play as well away as you can at home.
    As for Leeds - a bit more steel in them this season... and a decent manager who will know how to deal with setbacks unlike last season.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    A very accurate assessment Mrs O, the Den was rocking but you left with a point and I believe you can get promoted this season, your best player was sainz, very clever on the ball. It is why I love watching Millwall , the fans and the passion even if we are down the other end of the table. Teams like Bournemouth are so boring and little support.
    The reason I've been supporting the whites......passion, no matter what the schitty London press slag off about us we won't go away! In your face LEEDS wether folk like it or not
    A good point yesterday, late equalizer feels like a win or a loss depending what end you're in! We've all been there.
    Your right about boring support and plastics...which both our clubs are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Didn't select that tosser Oz mate - think you meant Harrison?
    Yeah sorry pal. Morrison's name was stuck on my mind when I read someone chose him to score an own goal!...haha.

With some premier managers nowadays refusing to shake hands after a game, you have to admit our manager's class

https://twitter.com/JoeShennan/statu...973888/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I said before this game I wasn't looking forward to it, and wasn't expecting to enjoy it much, and so it proved. Lets be honest we were quite lucky to escape with a point, even though Roberts had a couple of decent chances 2nd half. But they had a couple of even better ones. So i guess a point gained rather than 2 lost. However, if we play like that, (and how we played against Boro), against Preston and Brum then we're not going to be ripping them apart either. Perhaps I'm being a bit negative given we're still top, but we seem to have lost some of the zip and cut and thrust we showed in the early games - and I'm not convinced it's just down to the injuries. It's almost as if in the early games we played with a freedom born of relatively few expectations and little pressure, but now we're top and everyone's going on about how good we are the players have gone back into their shells a bit, and seem less confident both in their passing and their movement. I hope I'm wrong and that Bielsa can lift them back into the early season form, but at the moment our performances leave me feeling more like 'phew we scraped through that one' rather than 'great performance we spanked them', and that's too reminiscent of last season against Ipswich and Brum, just before the wheels came off.............

I understand your concerns OWT but to combat Morison & Gregory Bielsa is quoted as saying Philips was pulled back deeper to combat them (as in a 3 central defenders style situ)........ to combat that clever Millwall then stopped our young keeper from playing the ball out from the back reducing him to punting it upfield which effected our flowing rhythm also.

Sometimes we'll just have to give credit to the opposition for doing a job on us and accept that the odd performance will occur that'll effect our 'all out attack is the best way to defend' style .........

One other point not picked up on here yet was the fact that the 18 man squad at Millwall had 14 British players within it.
    Interesting and possibly a hint of future policies once Brexit policies are concluded with regard to employment of foreign nationals .............
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    I understand your concerns OWT but to combat Morison & Gregory Bielsa is quoted as saying Philips was pulled back deeper to combat them (as in a 3 central defenders style situ)........ to combat that clever Millwall then stopped our young keeper from playing the ball out from the back reducing him to punting it upfield which effected our flowing rhythm also.

Sometimes we'll just have to give credit to the opposition for doing a job on us and accept that the odd performance will occur that'll effect our 'all out attack is the best way to defend' style .........

One other point not picked up on here yet was the fact that the 18 man squad at Millwall had 14 British players within it.
    Interesting and possibly a hint of future policies once Brexit policies are concluded with regard to employment of foreign nationals .............
    MOT
    Thanks for that reply Mrs O, I know from last season that the greatest nervousness is when I allow myself to start wondering if it might really be our time at last. I think the next two games are absolutely critical in terms of where we really are headed this season. Two, on paper, eminently winnable games, and yet both are actually decent teams that have under-performed so far. And then of course there's the Monk factor. If we negotiate these two potential banana skins successfully then on the one hand that will of course be fantastic, but on the other just increases the nervousness. I guess it's just a part of being a Leeds fan, become too used to if it can go wrong it will go wrong...................

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)