+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danger: Theres and outbreak of football heading our way

Danger: Theres and outbreak of football heading our way

Big opportunity for all of you who are fed up with threads about other sports and political loblocks, we've got a game of football tomorrow, and it would be great to hear from y'all how you think we're going to do, if you're going and if not, how you're keeping up to speed with what's going on.

Me? 2-0 Derby, listening to Radio Derby

Anyone?

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention, Rotherham away

First match for me since Leeds.
    I”m going up to the match (only 40 mins drive from here )
    I reckon a 3-0 win. Waghorn2, Mount

Me? RamsTV before a spot of Corporate Hospitality at Ajax this evening.

1-3

and bang down to earth again

DCFCArmy will be back any minute now

Thought Rotherham deserved it in the end but by Christ where do they find these referees ?

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    First match for me since Leeds.
    I”m going up to the match (only 40 mins drive from here )
    I reckon a 3-0 win. Waghorn2, Mount
    Can you please stop going...at least against sides from Tetleyshire.

Sadly for a long time Tom Lawrence has looked like he had a red card in him. Down go ten and conceding a penalty within 10mins gives you a mountain to climb.

I should have stayed in the pub,
    I thought the penalty was a gift for them,
    Last edited by lewyman633; 15-09-2018 at 06:06 PM.

As bad as it gets, we need another game and quick! Time for Marriott to start!

Route One 1- Football 0

Not an unusual state of affairs in football.

Looking at how the game went, the teams drawing at HT was about right IMO. A couple of decent efforts from both sides but nothing that caused the keepers to blush.

Derby had the possession and the nice football. Gaps between the lines and between players in a the lines allowed the Millers to play their long ball game and our zonal marking made it all the more easy for them to look dangerous.

2nd half started much the same as the first and 12 minutes into the half the teams were still, rightly, level. Then came Lawros rush of blood. A totally unnecessary challenge well after the ball had gone, studs up, back of the leg........ ref got that one right. Then came the penalty, noticed by the assistant referee and taken on board by the ref. I am not going to complain about the decision itself as when your hand is in the small of an opponent's back and is moving in a forwards direction and the player goes down, a penalty is always likely to be given. Sometimes you get away with it. We didn't. It was one of those decisions that looks a soft one that can be given. What I will say about it is that it looked to me to be less of a penalty than the incident where Mount was felled in the first half.

Then we saw how FLs football mind works. First two fromt men pulled off and replaced by fresh legs in like for like changes. Shortly afterwards, Hudds was subbed and he brought Holmes on. Go for the draw and hope for the win. All to no avail unfortunately.

They had 6 shots on target from 16. We had 4 from 12. We had a lot of ball (63%) but didn't do enough with it. We are our own worst enemies in backing off. Zonal marking is OK but noy, IMO, in the defensive third of the pitch.

All in all I found the match entertaining.

Carson - 8 Did what he had to. Pulled off some good saves. Distribution good, especially some of his longer throws
    Bogle - 8 Turning into a very good player right before our eyes. Good both defensively and in attack.
    Keogh - 7 Steady in defence, solid on the ball. Far fewer mislaced passes
    Tomori - 6 Would make life easier for himself if he didn't commit too soon and then have to perform heroics to rectify....
    Forsyth - 8 Had a very good game. 3 or 4 very necessary "saves" inside the box. Shame about the penalty
    Huddlestone - 5 Not at his best. Some good tackling and heading but his passing game was off and his lack of matches showed
    Johnson - 6 Did the job satisfactorily
    Jozefzoon - 5 Where was the man exciting us in a couple of games immediately prior to the international break?
    Mount - 8 He is not yet the finished article but he is still very good. A joy to watch.
    Lawrence - 4 Pretty ineffective until he clattered one of theirs for a deserved red card
    Waghorn - 6 Busy performance but nothing special

Subs used
    Holmes - great at Hull reserves. Totally ineffective against the Millers
    Bennett - Busy, getting into position, getting the ball but his crosses were mainly cut out leading to corners. Twice in a good position centrally but the final ball to him never arrived.
    Marriott - As with his other performances so far, he is a busy little bee but lacking end product. I hope this is down to his not having trained properly and not getting game time pre season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)