+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McKinnon

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Jim Gooodwin.
    Is that a want or a don't want?

Would certainly toughen us up. We are soft as sh1te. I’d even be up for watching brutal football every week if we were picking up points over nice passing to no effect and getting beat every week.

I wonder how long our fans would accept brutal football before the moans and groans start again.

Was thinking as well a bottom six spl team with fans expecting more is mibbe not the best career move for an up and coming manager.

Maybe managing the likes of Livvy and accies in sol is better for your future career prospects. Go down not unexpected, stay up hero.

Even taking a championship contender job with the safety net of 3 playoff places seems a better bet.

The Dundee job does seem a poison chalice. Initial enthusiasm is eventually wore down by the brutal reality of a club of our size limitations.

We want a cup run but half our fans don't go to cup games until we get to the semis (Good luck with that&#128512, we want top 6 to 8 whilst playing attractive football and being safe and we want a good home record.

None of the above an excuse for McCann but it mibbe is impossible to keep the dens crowd happy.

Just saying.

It is. They also want all of the above while paying £15 max. A lot of our fans are never happy, moaning b@stards.

Remember some absolute clowns describing the football as eye bleeding as Jocky reached 5th place for about the only time since the 70’s.

That all seems like a far off dream nowadays.
    Last edited by Dee_Dee; 16-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    It is. They also want all of the above while paying £15 max. A lot of our fans are never happy, moaning b@stards.

Remember some absolute clowns describing the football as eye bleeding as Jocky reached 5th place for about the only time since the 70’s.

That all seems like a far off dream nowadays.
    Lol.

£15 and a state of the art new stadium with safe standing and free ice hockey.

It's a long way since the all I want is a team to support days post admin.

We also have a terrible reputation among pundits, ex players and current managers for being crabbit ****s.

A managers "career" seems very short these days, you maybe get one sacking then a 2nd means your yesterday's man....look at ph.

Next time we appoint an ok manager I hope we hang onto him like grim death.

Jocky Scott....5th on a shoestring with all the big guns in the league.

Heady days.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I wonder how long our fans would accept brutal football before the moans and groans start again.
    when has it not been brutal and don't say 1984 wi bomber and co

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    when has it not been brutal and don't say 1984 wi bomber and co
    Couldn't say what "brutal" is myself but every **** and their dug thinks they Ken.

I was just pointing out to Dee Dee that our fans are never really satisfied, they are either silent, angry, angrier or raging.

Remember two weeks b4 admin 1 somebody in the Derry shouted (can't mind who were drawing with) " this is ****e Marr, you'll have to get the cheque book oot"....🙄

I've enjoyed a few Dee teams....Archie Knox team or as you say the bomber and co played some great stuff usually after winning the battle and probably my fav team....up there with 23 million pound team.

A lot of our fans are living in a dream world ,the top 5 places are taken before a ball us kicked and at the moment sixth is way beyond our capabilities ,a decent cup run looks to be stretch too far also even against lower league opposition in which we were well beaten at home by a well organised unit who each knew their task and gameplay.
    We're a bottom six team at least for this season no better but maybe less.....

Best season post 73-74 was arguably Duffy with the 23million pounders and that was average, finished 5th I think and gifted the huns the cup final. Thinking in terms of wins vs losses, it's been brutal for a long time. Livi have just been promoted with a lower standard of player than we've watched these past few seasons, Dundee haven't been near where they are after 5 games that I can remember. Now that is brutal.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 16-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.

We finished 8th the year we got to the cup final.
    I checked our league positions and only Jocky Scott has got us to 5th since the 70’s.
    Ivano only managed 6th with far classier players.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)