+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: McKinnon

Kids nowadays are spoiled with the amount of ‘superstar’ teams available to watch on TV.

Our generation had a highlights programme, virtually no European football except semis and finals and the Scottish and FA Cup finals on TV.

Feel sorry for Dads and Mums trying to convince their kids it’s a good idea to watch Dundee instead of just watching Man City etc on TV.

TV money has helped the clubs but it’s also ruined football for the teams that will never be that good and given the punters impossible and unrealistic levels of expectation.

Everybody’s a ‘football manager’ nowadays and think it’s easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Kinda backs up my point.

Some fans (Not all) want something that's probably unattainable.

My memory of that team was anything but brutal which brings me back to what is brutal?
    Finished the season with a -20 goal difference off the back of a double-humping from the weejies, it was rough. They were punching above their weight, though, don't think many fans were unhappy with their efforts especially with a 7th place the following season. But the crowds were still 1st division level until bonetti came along. I guess that's why the Marrs changed it up, rather than the fans who went not being happy. To answer what is brutal, it's just an opinion. Losing hundreds of thousands of pounds to finish 6th-9th, that's brutal. Watching the current team, same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Finished the season with a -20 goal difference off the back of a double-humping from the weejies, it was rough. They were punching above their weight, though, don't think many fans were unhappy with their efforts especially with a 7th place the following season. But the crowds were still 1st division level until bonetti came along. I guess that's why the Marrs changed it up, rather than the fans who went not being happy. To answer what is brutal, it's just an opinion. Losing hundreds of thousands of pounds to finish 6th-9th, that's brutal. Watching the current team, same.
    We are always gonna finish 6th to 9th whilst losing a few bob so is it always gonna be brutal?

Cash flow will improve with new stadium. Just need a couple of positive results to get this team's confidence level up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Cash flow will improve with new stadium. Just need a couple of positive results to get this team's confidence level up.
    Not picking an argument but there is absolutely no guarantees this will happen.

Hopefully we will be paying a decent level of rent but I haven't read anywhere that any monies made from the potential development will benefit the football club....hoping it will but no guarantees....unless I've missed something.

would be nice to know if it will benefit the club mate,but as of this minute im in agreement with you

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    would be nice to know if it will benefit the club mate,but as of this minute im in agreement with you
    all profits from the lodgers should go towards our club, just for the fun of it

Not picking an argument but there is absolutely no guarantees this will happen.

Hopefully we will be paying a decent level of rent but I haven't read anywhere that any monies made from the potential development will benefit the football club....hoping it will but no guarantees....unless I've missed something.
    I'm going on the principle that if you own a football club and you decide to build an investment that includes a football stadium then there will be some financial synergy that will help you to run both parts of your business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I'm going on the principle that if you own a football club and you decide to build an investment that includes a football stadium then there will be some financial synergy that will help you to run both parts of your business plan.
    There are other sports, teams or even teams that haven't yet been founded that cud use a stadium

I have owned plenty of things in the past that I've desposed of when they no longer serve any useful purpose.

Hopefully the dream of playing beautiful football, in a beautiful new stadium, in front of five figure crowds and we ahh live happily ever after comes to pass but it might no....I'm just going on the principle that DFC have been shafted before.

We are always gonna finish 6th to 9th whilst losing a few bob so is it always gonna be brutal?
    11th or 12th this season with another million pound loss, not quite a few bob. If Dundee finish 10th with a wee profit, then I'd be happy with that personally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)