+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: McKinnon

the whole shebang at dens is riddled with apathy at present
    someone within the boardroom needs to step up and grab the bull by the horns and do whats needed,dont think nelms is the man to do that myb tim keyes is. i dont know but i do know one thing and that is steve martin should be knocking the yanks out the way and let them see what is needed,we need to bring everyone together, -25points esque and very quickly indeed.

might be a great idea to ask that -25pt squad along to a meeting with the present players and staff,plenty of footage on and off the park out there much rather players were watching that than ffnn man city

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    the whole shebang at dens is riddled with apathy at present
    someone within the boardroom needs to step up and grab the bull by the horns and do whats needed,dont think nelms is the man to do that myb tim keyes is. i dont know but i do know one thing and that is steve martin should be knocking the yanks out the way and let them see what is needed,we need to bring everyone together, -25points esque and very quickly indeed.

might be a great idea to ask that -25pt squad along to a meeting with the present players and staff,plenty of footage on and off the park out there much rather players were watching that than ffnn man city
    Withoot wanting to sound like Nigel farage.....Johnny overseas dinnae really fight the guid fight imho......25pt season was all home based players I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Best season post 73-74 was arguably Duffy with the 23million pounders and that was average, finished 5th I think and gifted the huns the cup final. Thinking in terms of wins vs losses, it's been brutal for a long time. Livi have just been promoted with a lower standard of player than we've watched these past few seasons, Dundee haven't been near where they are after 5 games that I can remember. Now that is brutal.
    Jockys "brutal" football was the highest we got.

Fans didnae want it.

i wonder wha their agent is? errmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    We finished 8th the year we got to the cup final.
    I checked our league positions and only Jocky Scott has got us to 5th since the 70’s.
    Ivano only managed 6th with far classier players.
    Dundee finished 6th in 2002-03, so not quite as good as Jocky. Went unbeaten from January I seem to remember.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 17-09-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Jockys "brutal" football was the highest we got.

Fans didnae want it.
    That was brutal, with a number of late-season wins taking the team up to 5th? But he repeated it the next season finishing 7th only for the Marrs to replace him and his squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    That was brutal, with a number of late-season wins taking the team up to 5th? But he repeated it the next season finishing 7th only for the Marrs to replace him and his squad.
    Kinda backs up my point.

Some fans (Not all) want something that's probably unattainable.

My memory of that team was anything but brutal which brings me back to what is brutal?

You’re right. Total peh in the skeh expecting a team with our level of support and income to be playing Barca football and finish above any of the far bigger teams.
    Pragmatic football is the only way that a team of our size can really achieve much.
    I’d be totally happy to watch a mid table Dee side who had the odd good cup run playing solid football.

I can understand what mcann is trying to do, but if you want to play good football in Scotland , you need to be able to mix it when you are not allowed to play.
    It's the mentality in Scotland , Hartley had the same problem, especially the first season. The football was superb but teams learnt ,if you want to beat Dundee, just bully them.
    Bonetti had the same problem, dinasor managers like Alex smith getting Yinited to kick Dundee off the park and players like Cabellero never fully recovered.
    No wonder Scottish teams struggle in Europe. You get well known teams and minnows you have never heard of, but one thing they have in common is that they are always technically better than us, and that comes back to coaching.
    As for mcann , I wanted him to succeed, as he was thinking outside the box, but if we lose against hibs, he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    You’re right. Total peh in the skeh expecting a team with our level of support and income to be playing Barca football and finish above any of the far bigger teams.
    Pragmatic football is the only way that a team of our size can really achieve much.
    I’d be totally happy to watch a mid table Dee side who had the odd good cup run playing solid football.
    I think the wonder football of city lpool spurs and co that's beamed into folks living rooms dosent help.

I have said before you just have to try and get what you can out of following a provincial Scottish club but it does seem to be harder and harder for many.

When I hear Dee fans saying the lc is a pointless trophy I do start having the mixu thoughts of what the ****ing point is if the 2nd biggest trophy we can win is pointless, the fans only really bother about the Scottish from the semis onwards and 5th to 8th playing "brutal" football is unacceptable.

Mibbe we shud just play European away games, friendlies in Portugal and testimonials in London and change our name to Dundee barbarians and be done with it.😐

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)