+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Derby County

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Derby County

I'd like to take you back a bit. When Ronnie Moore did amazing things with a team on a shoe string in the Championship or was it the first division? My mind has found a capacity to forget stuff that I need when I need it probably due to Belgisch Biere. Anyway back then we were underdog pretty much every week but it seemed that the players didn't care about it in fact they wore that as a badge of honour making teams who we played affraid, knowing that if they didn't turn up and play they were going home with nowt.

Playing at Millmoor back then and visiting away grounds was a great day out. Seeing stadiums far superior to Millmoor was a regular thing but it didn't matter because we had a team that was born out of the bloody place. Yes we had some playersthat could play but they were out numbered by the ones who made up for that by giving everything they had for a couple of hours. It still brings a smile to my face when I think of how many of those players went on and became managers and the ones that still are.

One of those stadiums visited was Pride Park. A brilliant looking stadium fit for any division but Derby are a team like Rotherham on a higher level. It sunds daft I know because most of what I xwrite does but they are as we were last season. They are at the top of this division as we were and are at the top of League 1. We do have that stadium fit for this division. And we are punching above our weight but Derby County aren't. Their ambition is clear and their aim is to do what we did and be in the Premiership punching above their weight.

I can't bloody wait to see if our team can do what the team of Ronnie Moores did. It is ok to be punching above your weight but sometimes you have to throw one or two back. We certainly would enjoy a 4-4 draw like we had playing against Norwich or the 1-0 home win against West Ham.

To get a win today would be unexpected but it would be bloody wonderful!

Bonjour Froglet. Yes a win today against team that as won it's last 4 games on the bounce, would be phenomial.

With Reading playing Preston, both below us, a draw for that game would also suit us.

Whatever the outcome, so long as we give it our all we cannot complain. What we don't want is our lads thinking a better club is town and deserve the points. We are in the championship because we earned the right to be there.

What Brin said

Afternoon everyone, sat in NYS watching the big screen, players just coming out and getting a good reception. One or two changes in the team. Big question is where is Vyner, Ajayi and Vaulks going to play?

TEAM | Rodak; Vyner, Ajayi, Wood, Mattock; Williams, Vaulks, Towell, Manning, Vassell; Smith.

SUBS | Price, Jones, Palmer, Taylor, Wiles, Forde, Proctor. #rufc

Rodak;
    Vyner,
    Ajayi,
    Wood,
    Mattock;
    Williams,
    Vaulks,
    Towell,
    Manning,
    Vassell;
    Smith.

SUBS
    Price,
    Jones,
    Palmer,
    Taylor,
    Wiles,
    Forde,
    Proctor.

So it's Palmer who makes way for Towell.

Ajayi goes back into defence by the looks. Are we playig with 5 int middle or 4 with Vassel and Smith up fron?

It's going to be interesting!!!

Yep Ajayi warming up with Wood so looks as though you have called it right Frogger.

Does it matter as long as we keep scoring from set plays lol

Afternoon Frog n'all

Looking forward to this, hope we don't conceded early.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast