+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Stevenage 15/9/18 & Squabbling about the Royal Navy

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " shocking " . why ? Cant we see things differently from the all seeing one .

ps. Same game as you dick shyte.
    I would have to see the replays to confirm, but here's what I saw from my seat regarding Fitz and their goals:

Goal 1 - he seemed to have got his angles wrong. When their player scuffed his shot Fitz was on his line right next to his near post so left a lot of his goal exposed.

Goal 2 - Fitz committed the cardinal sin of being indecisive. He seemed to come for the cross at first, realised he wasn't going to get there and left an awful lot of goal to aim at. If he had stayed around his goal it would have been a pretty routine save.

Goal 3 - the real defensive errors were not stopping the cross coming in and not winning the ball when it did. Their scorer hit his shot into the ground, but it bounced into the top corner. Not a lot that Fitz could do, but his defenders could have done a lot more.

As I said, this is solely based on my real time view in the stands, so I could have got it wrong. I just see a keeper who is bereft of any sort of confidence and is struggling to make the right decisions, and struggling to get in the right positions. I'll have to have a look at the highlights when they are available to see if I change my opinion.

" shocking " . why ? Cant we see things differently from the all seeing one .

ps. Same game as you dick shyte.
    You'd know about sh1tty dicks being in the navy! So explain how getting lobbed on your goal line with the ball in easy reach isn't a goalkeeper fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You'd know about sh1tty dicks being in the navy! So explain how getting lobbed on your goal line with the ball in easy reach isn't a goalkeeper fault?
    Oh, great one , so where all bumming each other are we . A bet you've got The Village People on your playlist . I f00kin hate people asking me what match I was watching just because my opinion differs . Oh, and try going down Southsea on a Saturday night ( or any night ) and mention sh1tty dicks to any matelot you might come across.
    Last edited by navypie; 15-09-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would have to see the replays to confirm, but here's what I saw from my seat regarding Fitz and their goals:

Goal 1 - he seemed to have got his angles wrong. When their player scuffed his shot Fitz was on his line right next to his near post so left a lot of his goal exposed.

Goal 2 - Fitz committed the cardinal sin of being indecisive. He seemed to come for the cross at first, realised he wasn't going to get there and left an awful lot of goal to aim at. If he had stayed around his goal it would have been a pretty routine save.

Goal 3 - the real defensive errors were not stopping the cross coming in and not winning the ball when it did. Their scorer hit his shot into the ground, but it bounced into the top corner. Not a lot that Fitz could do, but his defenders could have done a lot more.

As I said, this is solely based on my real time view in the stands, so I could have got it wrong. I just see a keeper who is bereft of any sort of confidence and is struggling to make the right decisions, and struggling to get in the right positions. I'll have to have a look at the highlights when they are available to see if I change my opinion.
    Watching on iFollow, I wouldn’t pin the blame on Fitz for any of the goals (although I think he got in a bit of a mess for the first goal). Second and third both came when their target man pulled away beyond the far post and we gave them far too much time to pick him out.

That said, the guy is just an accident waiting to happen. Got lucky today with three errors (including kicking the ball against their centre forward!), but we’ll keep conceding so many goals while he is between the sticks. His defenders clearly don’t trust him and his confidence is shot.

Otherwise, I think a draw was a fair result today. They had 20 efforts on goal, so definitely deserved something from the game. The worrying thing is that it was probably our best performance of the season, yet we still could have lost it (amazed they didn’t get a penalty at the end when Wildin was hacked down).

Pluses for me today: Front two combined well at times and both scored (if only Stead had stuck that chance away at 3-2); Enzio was very good for 70 minutes and another excellent goal. Keep him on the left. Alessandra was also excellent on the right-hand side, my MOM. Husin was far more competitive and has a lovely touch on the ball at times to turn out of trouble. Needs to be able to link play better with the forwards, though.

We’re still bottom but at least we’ve stopped the losing streak. Tough game at Northampton next week, let’s hope we somehow fluke a clean sheet and eke out a 1-0.

One last point: should we just send the loan players (other than Milsom) back to their clubs? Nathan Thomas’ 10-minute cameo was pathetic (being outrun by a right back who’s played 80 minutes more than you is just embarrassing); Hall hasn’t figured due to injury all season; and the centre half from Swansea can’t get into a side that has conceded three goals or more for seven consecutive league games! Not a great sign.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 15-09-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    One last point: should we just send the loan players (other than Milsom) back to their clubs? Nathan Thomas’ 10-minute cameo was pathetic (being outrun by a right back who’s played 80 minutes more than you is just embarrassing); Hall hasn’t figured due to injury all season; and the centre half from Swansea can’t get into a side that has conceded three goals or more for seven consecutive league games! Not a great sign.
    Interesting question. I don't know how long the loans are for, but regarding Thomas I've yet to see anything that makes him stand out as being better than we already have. Hall looked a pretty decent centre back last season, so I would definitely keep him as long as we can get him fit. The centre half from Swansea is a bit of an enigma. I haven't seen him play, but if he can't get a game when we have been sadly lacking in his position, you can only think that he was a panic signing. I don't like to judge players before I've seen them in action, so hopefully he'll play a part and prove me wrong.

Interesting question. I don't know how long the loans are for, but regarding Thomas I've yet to see anything that makes him stand out as being better than we already have. Hall looked a pretty decent centre back last season, so I would definitely keep him as long as we can get him fit. The centre half from Swansea is a bit of an enigma. I haven't seen him play, but if he can't get a game when we have been sadly lacking in his position, you can only think that he was a panic signing. I don't like to judge players before I've seen them in action, so hopefully he'll play a part and prove me wrong.
    I would put Thomas straight back on the train.

Here: I.M.O he should have definitely done better with the first 2 goals.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...-3-3-stevenage

Oh, great one , so where all bumming each other are we . A bet you've got The Village People on your playlist . I f00kin hate people asking me what match I was watching just because my opinion differs . Oh, and try going down Southsea on a Saturday night ( or any night ) and mention sh1tty dicks to any matelot you might come across.
    One doth protest too much! Bet you've not heard your own farts in many a year! And still not explained how the first two weren't on Fitzsimons

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Here: I.M.O he should have definitely done better with the first 2 goals.
    Agree. Neither were obvious howlers, but you would hope your keeper would get himself in the right position where both would be pretty straightforward saves. I don't think we'd have conceded three today with Adam Collin between the sticks. Not offering him an acceptable new contract could turn out to be a very expensive mistake.

The first goal was an easy clearance for Brisley but instead of putting the ball into row z, he tried to do a sliding clearance and gifted them the ball.

The second and third goals were shocking in that we made no effort to stop the cross.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast