+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Stevenage 15/9/18 & Squabbling about the Royal Navy

Watching live yesterday, none of the goals appeared to me to be Fitzsimons' fault, but until tonight I've not had chance to see the replays.

So, first goal, Turley fails to stop the ball across goal, meaning Fitzsimons is forced to shift quickly from one post to the other, and the untracked/unmarked Kennedy either mis-hits it or cleverly steers it back across him. It looked a bit of a mis- hit to me, but either way Fitz couldn't win, because (aside from the basic issue of momentum) if he hadn't gone all the way to cover the post and the ball had beaten him there, people would have blamed him for letting it in that way. At least three defenders were at fault for the situation materialising.

Second goal, no-one stops the ball into the box and Evina finds himself horrendously mis-matched against Revell, who sends a textbook header back across the goal, well beyond the 'keeper. Fitz would have needed to be about 9 foot tall to stop it.

Third goal, similar to the second, again nobody stops the cross (especially Husin), Tootle can't stop the knock back and Newton holds his ground while his would-be marker moves away, leaving Newton free to put it well beyond the 'keeper.
    Last edited by jackal2; 16-09-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Watching live yesterday, none of the goals appeared to me to be Fitzsimons' fault, but until tonight I've not had chance to see the replays.

So, first goal, Turley fails to stop the ball across goal, meaning Fitzsimons is forced to shift quickly from one post to the other, and the untracked/unmarked Kennedy either mis-hits it or cleverly steers it back across him. It looked a bit of a mis- hit to me, but either way Fitz couldn't win, because (aside from the basic issue of momentum) if he hadn't gone all the way to cover the post and the ball had beaten him there, people would have blamed him for letting it in that way. At least three defenders were at fault for the situation materialising.

Second goal, no-one stops the ball into the box and Evina finds himself horrendously mis-matched against Revell, who sends a textbook header back across the goal, well beyond the 'keeper. Fitz would have needed to be about 9 foot tall to stop it.

Third goal, similar to the second, again nobody stops the cross (especially Husin), Tootle can't stop the knock back and Newton holds his ground while his would-be marker moves away, leaving Newton free to put it well beyond the 'keeper.
    Yes, there’s plenty of blame to go around for all three goals - but the second is the most criminal because we’d just gone ahead in the 43rd minute and needed to get to half-time ahead. Gifting them possession in our own half was the root cause of the goal (but give their centre forward credit for pulling away beyond the far post and delivering a textbook header).

Fitz still looked a bag of nerves, though - dropping the ball twice under no real pressure early on; playing a horrible ball out to Milsom that was almost intercepted; and then hitting the ball against the centre forward’s back in the second half that could easily have been a comedy goal.

But we don’t seem to have many options, given that Pindroch is a bit of an unknown quantity. Jake Keen seems to be the only goalkeeper available as a free agent, but he must be pretty rusty. Sadly, our best hope is that Turley clatters Fitz in training and then we’re allowed to bring in an emergency loan signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He's been included as a sub in the first team squad.
    OK. But WHEN was that and WHO was it against? I'm asking Balti for his answer but he can't seem to come up with one! All mouth as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    OK. But WHEN was that and WHO was it against? I'm asking Balti for his answer but he can't seem to come up with one! All mouth as usual.
    It was under Steve Thompson second time around, can't remember the opposition to be honest, it was about 12 years ago but I remember it was a dead rubber game at the end of the season, I have a sneaky suspicion he came on as a sub

Quote Originally Posted by Boston flyer View Post
    So talking about sh1tty Dix in the navy was you defending yourself? Weird.
    He called me that first, I just merely said he must know a lot about it being in the navy. He got angry (anger issues is common in ex forces personnel, tend to not adapt well to civilian life) navy probably needs to seek help, you also probably ought to as well with reading comprehension!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It was under Steve Thompson second time around, can't remember the opposition to be honest, it was about 12 years ago but I remember it was a dead rubber game at the end of the season, I have a sneaky suspicion he came on as a sub
    Ah I see. So the man who likes facts can't quite remember any of the facts. Facts that can be checked but can't be found. What else have I got wrong? Not much I do know that. So before you go slagging people off get YOUR facts straight! Barcherini was never listed as being an apprentice or professional in any records I can see. So, he must have been a real prospect. Give me Curtis Hall anytime....

Ah I see. So the man who likes facts can't quite remember any of the facts. Facts that can be checked but can't be found. What else have I got wrong? Not much I do know that. So before you go slagging people off get YOUR facts straight! Barcherini was never listed as being an apprentice or professional in any records I can see. So, he must have been a real prospect. Give me Curtis Hall anytime....
    Chicken pox is an expext on just about everything, he doesn't need facts to back them up. He certainly thinks he knows all about life in the Andrew and the trouble and strife we face when leaving . He's turning into a bit of a hero in my eyes.

They can be found, I just can't be arsed to link them it's on soccer base and other football databases, you can even see on Wikipedia! he certainly was in our books at 2006/7 season so wasn't released at 14 as you stated. But you know, you haven't produced this audit result either so, why don't you provide that? If the chap will willy nilly send out information like that on email as you've suggested, he surely won't mind you putting it on here for all to see? Until then, pipe down

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Chicken pox is an expext on just about everything, he doesn't need facts to back them up. He certainly thinks he knows all about life in the Andrew and the trouble and strife we face when leaving . He's turning into a bit of a hero in my eyes.
    Your spelling is awful! Didn't they teach you how to read and write in the navy? No wonder many of the ships and subs end up beached somewhere, you lot can't read the maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Your spelling is awful! Didn't they teach you how to read and write in the navy? No wonder many of the ships and subs end up beached somewhere, you lot can't read the maps!
    Ouch.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast