+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Stevenage 15/9/18 & Squabbling about the Royal Navy

Quote Originally Posted by cypruspie View Post
    73 t shirts and this is worst one ever, thought that we needed experience in a manager hope we can survive this season really really
    concerned

We could still get to 40 points if we score 3 goals every game.

Dicko gets the 6th for Yeovil

Gotta admit I thought we'd get beat today - so for me this a good result. Will celebrate by getting the replica shirt.

We are staying up !

say

WE ARE STAYING UP ! !

Just got back from holiday this afto, too late for the game. I heard it on the radio though but could anyone who was actually there say if any of the goals were Fitz's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    Dicko gets the 6th for Yeovil
    To me he didn't seem to have the flair of Jones, perhaps Nolan thought the same, it looks like we were both wrong but as Nolly was the manager he was wronger.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Just got back from holiday this afto, too late for the game. I heard it on the radio though but could anyone who was actually there say if any of the goals were Fitz's fault?
    First goal he had the chance to roll a quick ball out to Turley and we would have been on the front foot. Instead he dilly dallied and the made a dreadful kick straight to their centre mid. 30 seconds later the ball was in the back of the net. Second his positioning was dreadful again but wouldn’t put all the blame on him. Third was just very poor defending, not closing down so allowing the cross and then not defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    What was their goal like Slack? another error or just a decent goal?
    Stupid goal....the ball was slid across the penno box to the back post....their guy was sprinting and slid full length and hooked it over Fitz into an empty net....whether he meant it or not, I've no idea

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Personally I do not think you can blame any of the 3 goals directly on Fitz...BUT, HE DEFINITELY LOOKS SHAKY, and flapped at a few crosses (plus he kicked out a ball directly to a defender with their attacker within a few yards, bearing down....craziness)

I've been defending Fitz lately, but he's now got me worried....surely he should be getting finger-tips to some of these goals, it just looks too easy for the oppo teams

Quote Originally Posted by cypruspie View Post
    73 t shirts and this is worst one ever, thought that we needed experience in a manager hope we can survive this season really really
    concerned
    Yes we conceded three goals again, but this performance overall was far more encouraging and has given hope that we are turning the corner and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The effort, commitment, hunger and desire could not be faulted today. We look very dangerous on the attack and hence we got our three goals. Generally that would be more than enough to win the game.

What let us down is our fragility in maintaining the lead and defensively. It’s going to take time. We’ve got a point so we’ve stopped the rot in what must be a record for the worse start to a season ever, because it’s in the fourth tier and the shear number of goals conceded

I’m far more confident on today’s showing that we will soon get that first win. It’s just so, so incredibly frustrating to have conceded three goals yet again today and scored three and not won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Personally I do not think you can blame any of the 3 goals directly on Fitz...BUT, HE DEFINITELY LOOKS SHAKY, and flapped at a few crosses (plus he kicked out a ball directly to a defender with their attacker within a few yards, bearing down....craziness)

I've been defending Fitz lately, but he's now got me worried....surely he should be getting finger-tips to some of these goals, it just looks too easy for the oppo teams

Blame Fitz, no but you could make a case in all the goals scored that he could have done a little better.

Hey hoo, it's a point which is a start but we deserved all 3.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast