+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bartley

Bartley

I am desperate for the guy to win me over. There must be something there surely? But I am struggling to remain positive about him...albeit I will always give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Right from the first game there were too many gesticulations. Typically post error hands held high “its not my mistake”
    Constant pointing...who is he trying to impress ? ( certainly not his playing colleagues !)
    Shirt pulling...he will concede yet more penalties in addition to his unnecessary hand balls.
    Still..Bartley buddy...please give me something so that I may support you.
    Is it me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I am desperate for the guy to win me over. There must be something there surely? But I am struggling to remain positive about him...albeit I will always give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Right from the first game there were too many gesticulations. Typically post error hands held high “its not my mistake”
    Constant pointing...who is he trying to impress ? ( certainly not his playing colleagues !)
    Shirt pulling...he will concede yet more penalties in addition to his unnecessary hand balls.
    Is it me ?
    No Prando mate, I’m with you.

No its not you. Last night I witnessed the most ridiculous penalty given away by Bartley. It was a shocking unnecessary handball. Fortunately we got out of jail with the penalty save and yet straight afterwards as the team congratulated Johnson I saw Bartley pointing at his own head and gesticulating to say come on lads think about it. When he was the berk that gave the penalty away in the first place.

Is it me ?

Agree with you Prando and for me, he's poor! Makes you sick to think Gmac and Yacob would still walk into our team. Also think Barry would be a much better option than Brunt!

Apart from flashes, I am not impressed so far especially considering some of the teams we played are crap! Also as Big Dave coached the youngsters as he got some kind of hang up in not selecting our young talent! I would not blame Field soon to want to go elsewhere.............

The only slight excuse you can give him is that he is right footed and he is playing on the left side of the back 3 but neither him or Hagazi have played well this season and last night Dawson was poor as far as keeping G Mac I couldn't really see him trying to play out from the back either I would maybe try Barry on the left at least he is comfortable passing the ball and he wouldn't have to do so much running.

I can't believe we payed money for this plank.

There have to be better up and coming CB's in the lower divisions than this idiot.

Or Gareth McCauley.

Oop's……..to late.

Is it me ?
    My thoughts exactly Prando .

Like most fans I want him to succeed but at the present moment haven't seen anything to convince me that he will. Dawson, Hegazi and Gibbs all looked decent players at a higher level last year. This year both Dawson and Hegazi haven't been the same players and could it be that they don't have the same faith that they did in Evans or McAuley. I understand that we are playing a different system but no matter what system is played you need to be able to have confidence in your team mates. As I say, I hope that he does 'do the business' but at present we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Agree with you Prando and for me, he's poor! Makes you sick to think Gmac and Yacob would still walk into our team. Also think Barry would be a much better option than Brunt!

Apart from flashes, I am not impressed so far especially considering some of the teams we played are crap! Also as Big Dave coached the youngsters as he got some kind of hang up in not selecting our young talent! I would not blame Field soon to want to go elsewhere.............
    Just point out.
    Yacob and a GMac couldn't walk on to the bench of their respected clubs yesterday.
    Tyler Roberts was hauled off after 68 minutes even though he was their only fit striker.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)