+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On a brighter note

The grim reality is no-one has to hope or want Dundee to lose against high-scoring Hibs, it's virtually guaranteed unless the manager changes everything he thinks a manager should be telling his team e.g. Kasu nga trying to control the ball 3 yards out because he's not allowed to clear it

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The grim reality is no-one has to hope or want Dundee to lose against high-scoring Hibs, it's virtually guaranteed unless the manager changes everything he thinks a manager should be telling his team e.g. Kasu nga trying to control the ball 3 yards out because he's not allowed to clear it
    Thought the same at the fourth goal ,it was like he was saying I could blotter this to clear but need to keep possession and play it out ,also it was as if the scorer knew he was going to play it as he was on it like a shot....

Players have got to take responsibility as well though, well if they give a **** which I'm certain more than one or two don't.

They are all now hiding behind a dead man walking manager.

I'm sure McCann didn't tell what's his pus to punch the ball v dons, to slide on his arse v well for no apparent reason or chest pass the ball in the 6 yard box to the rangers player.

Lack of leadership and responsibility right thru this team.

Unfortunately we are stuck with most of these gutless ****ers for a while and it's better having a gutless ****er playing for a new manager than a gutless ****ers who won't.

And I know McCann signed most of these gutless ****ers.

The foreign recruitment policy brought these players to Dens. If McCann had spent some time looking around the UK in May instead of August, may have got a different attitude. Even if he'd allowed a bit of constructive criticism from players, the situation would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Think we have a scenario on Saturday where a guid number of the home "support" will want us to lose.

That's an unpalatable situation.

We can't really afford many more loses but I think for many they wud rather have McCann out than win and have a false start to our season before we return to type.

Dens can be horrible when the fans fully turn, they half turned at home to Mwell with parts of the Derry joining in the " Your getting sacked in the morning" chants of the well fans.

Saturday ain't gonna be a good experience and although I admire your insistence on the fans backing the team....I just can't see it happening.
    This is the scariest view of the current situation. There seems to be a majority who think it's all NM's fault, there's another group who think that NM plus his players are not up to the job, and there is a group who think that the players are OK and they just need a better manager. I'm not sure what the real problem is. Getting rid of NM might make things a whole lot worse as several teams have found to their cost and eventual relegation. It seems to me that the thing to do is for the supporters to rally round and take a positive decision that helping the team to win the game is the in the best interests of the club.

As you say, a toxic atmosphere is absolutely lethal at Dens and it might be the very thing that convinces NM and the players that they are going to collect whatever is due to them under their contracts and write off this year of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    This is the scariest view of the current situation. There seems to be a majority who think it's all NM's fault, there's another group who think that NM plus his players are not up to the job, and there is a group who think that the players are OK and they just need a better manager. I'm not sure what the real problem is. Getting rid of NM might make things a whole lot worse as several teams have found to their cost and eventual relegation. It seems to me that the thing to do is for the supporters to rally round and take a positive decision that helping the team to win the game is the in the best interests of the club.

As you say, a toxic atmosphere is absolutely lethal at Dens and it might be the very thing that convinces NM and the players that they are going to collect whatever is due to them under their contracts and write off this year of their career.
    Never in a million years would I want Dee to lose but McCann would have to go on a killie type run to win this crowd back.

I supported McCann although this season so far has been an unmitigated disaster so he should be away.

Lost the majority of fans now and the team don't look like they are playing for him.....that's a toxic mix.

A draw v hibs and he limps on to the accies game and I don't think that's in anyone's interest.

I can only see how it cud get worse if you believe the mighty won't go down under McCann. I'm losing all faith in that.

I think we have to change to give ourselves a decent chance.

We might turn up and get something from hibs but just cannot see it.

Players thinking they are a decent team, mccann thinking they just lack confidence and being told the atmosphere in the dressing room is good when is fooling no one I'm afraid.

Something badly wrong at Dens at the moment and we might only find out a bit more when McCann moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    This is the scariest view of the current situation. As you say, a toxic atmosphere is absolutely lethal at Dens and it might be the very thing that convinces NM and the players that they are going to collect whatever is due to them under their contracts and write off this year of their career.
    Blaming the fans for the manager's failings is absolute nonsense. The players are hardly booed onto the pitch, although the manager may well be.

I keep hearing this guff about sacking McCann making things worse, how? We have lost every game against full time opponents, the season is two months old and zero points.
    I read on Pravda that a positive about the manager is that he is intelligent - I strongly disagree, he has little or no tactical intelligence. We play to an ideal that is 4 or 5 years out of date. Possession for possessions sake does not win matches at any level. Neil McCann does not understand that 90% of the time the high press will beat building from the back.
    Time to get a proper manager, loved Neil McCann as a player, but as a manager he is hopeless just hopeless

Difference between the teams after halftime was night and day. Dundee weren't able to cope when Hibs upped the tempo and started feeding Boyle. Hopefully McCann walks away tonight, retain some respect.

****e players and manager has also chucked it I suspect.

Sad state of affairs when some in the Derry clap they players at the end. What for?

Gutless and really do fear now that no manager cud get a tune out of this mob.

Shudnt stop a change being made BUT downed tools after first goal.

You can't give players heart or desire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)