+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enzio

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Enzio was class today. He's a great (if expensive) signing for the club. How many seasons have we been calling out for an exciting winger? Well, now we have one.

If only we had a competent keeper.
    I thought Enzio and Allessandra were both class today. The downside is that we looked a lot weaker at the back when the hulk went off..

Americanisms like 'go figure' and 'no problem' are fast becoming most hated expressions. Why can't people process language for themselves rather than lazily pick out smart alec sayings pinched from social media?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Americanisms like 'go figure' and 'no problem' are fast becoming most hated expressions. Why can't people process language for themselves rather than lazily pick out smart alec sayings pinched from social media?
    I'm on your side with this one, sid. Lazy Americanisms impress no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm on your side with this one, sid. Lazy Americanisms impress no-one.

Gee whiz, you dudes moan a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Boston flyer View Post
    And forte. Go figure..
    I wonder if your assumption explains the affection, and admiration shown to Devon White , and Shola Ameobi

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Spot on.
    Stranger still, those declaring him lazy after one match. Go figure
    Where I sit some people were calling Enzio lazy at the last home game, and before which is beyond comprehension for me. So I asked them why they thought he was lazy and they said “because he does not get back and defend” and “does not make a challenge, or do anything off the ball”. My response was that his primary role is a creative attacking winger who scores and set ups goals, and that on numerous occasions in the game he was going back defending as well as going forwards. Also I pointed out ther were other players on the field who’s role was primarily what they wanted from Enzio but were not forefilling their roles adequately. There was no further response.

Also this term “luxury player” is meaningless as well in my opinion. Who does not want quality in a side no matter where the team maybe in the league?

We have a very skilful and quality player at the club and he showed yesterday all of the qualities you’d want from a player in his role. It’s refreshing to see and that is why we paid more for him than any other player because he’s the best at the club at what he does.

Every time he gets the ball you think somethings going to happen and long may this continue.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Where I sit some people were calling Enzio lazy at the last home game, and before which is beyond comprehension for me. So I asked them why they thought he was lazy and they said “because he does not get back and defend” and “does not make a challenge, or do anything off the ball”. My response was that his primary role is a creative attacking winger who scores and set ups goals, and that on numerous occasions in the game he was going back defending as well as going forwards. Also I pointed out ther were other players on the field who’s role was primarily what they wanted from Enzio but were not forefilling their roles adequately. There was no further response.

Also this term “luxury player” is meaningless as well in my opinion. Who does not want quality in a side no matter where the team maybe in the league?

We have a very skilful and quality player at the club and he showed yesterday all of the qualities you’d want from a player in his role. It’s refreshing to see and that is why we paid more for him than any other player because he’s the best at the club at what he does.

Every time he gets the ball you think somethings going to happen and long may this continue.
    Very well put. Every successful team has balance , and Notts are being unbalanced by the absence of artisans. not artists.

Got to agree , annoys me more than my car running out of gas.

Yeaŕ and while we're at it, what's with all this 'absolutely' and 'literally' makes me puke it does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12