+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v Blackburn

v Blackburn

Looks like it’s Taylor’s turn in defence.

Lineup:-

Nyland
    Hutton
    Chester
    Tuanzebe
    Taylor
    ElMohamady
    Jedinak
    McGinn
    Adomah
    Grealish
    Abraham

Subs

Moreira
    Bree
    Whelan
    Hourihane
    El Ghazi
    Bolasie
    Kodjia

Thats great so now Bruce is setting out to dismantle Kodjia why doesnt the dipstick play 2 up front try something different attempt to play an attacking fornation & win games PLONKER !!!!!

we have a plethora of flair players... but they can only be accommodated if we play with pace. We need to be defending on the front foot not backing off. Even teams like blackburn, who have few flair players, can be made to look good if you allow them the space to come at you. I honestly think Bruce is not up to the job... He has no understanding of how you utilise players like Grealish, Abrahams and kodjia, I know that changing the manager is not ideal... but we need someone with a tactical awareness that Bruce, nice bloke that he is, simply doesn't have.

Bruce bangs on about starting over & settled team

In the next breath drops Kodjia & El Gahazi, Its akin to replacing Cracks with Crevasses!

Its high time to relieve the vexed pragmatist Bruce of his burden

Thought we looked better yesterday when on the front foot. But, it’s still heart in the mouth every time the ball bounces in our penalty area. We never seem to be on the right side of any of the regular ‘Pinball’ incidents. We have to stop giving away stupid free kicks in our own half.
    Worried about the form of Chester, but at least we have players playing their supposed positions. Although, saying that, I still think that Taylor and Elmo’s best positions are at another club.

Am giving the manager a break for a while, the benefit of yet another doubt.

On to Rotherham, a must win surely.

You would think with so many attacking options and goal threats we should be putting 4 past the opposition every game. Even if we concede a few we should still win.
    The likes of Bolasie Abraham Kodjia Grealish Adomah Hourihane Mcginn and Ghazi should be destroying sides and I'm sure will do once we sort this. 4 at the back I say!
    Last edited by bongosdad; 16-09-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Bongo

We require a coach with the philosophy & tactical expertise to ensure this squad play up to their level and win promotion

It was bitter sweet for me! I thought, here we go hes got it at last. A flat back 4 with everyone in there right positions! But hey, wait a minute. He has dropped Koj for Abrahams?? Wtf i thought we needed another striker you know to pose a threat! Just what is going throgh Bruces head. I think he has lost the plot.
    One up front, may well have not bothered signing anyone, he then picks the guy he tried to sell and drop the guy he just bought in a scored on his last outting!! The mind boggles. He dare not play one up front Tuesdsay.
    As for the game, a fair result. Blackburn are not a bad team and are unbeaten at home for the last 12 months! But please someone tell me whats wrong, Nyland looks like a nervous wreck, chester is all over the place, elmo, Jack, adomah just strolling around. Whats going on behind the scenes? Has bruce lost the dressing room. Do the plsyers want him out or are we just being to Needy? Afterall this team is well on paper million times better than a team we could have fielded before the new owners. Is Bruce wright, its a new team, new players they need time to bed in. How long do we give him. The awsy support looks like they have already given up. No excusrs now, 6 pts from the next 2 home games or else???????

No win in 6

He lost the plot last term ... perceiver with him & we ain't gonna make the play-offs !

All we get is this “I am starting from scratch” bullsh1t !

Is Bruce suffering from acute amnesia with this ‘starting again’ rhetoric ?

Who masterminded last terms program centred on a group of older players with experience of winning promotions blah blah blah……...was this not the mantra of our incumbent genius ?

Fast forward 4 months & Bruce is (backtracking) desperately attempting to reinvent himself as one who believes in young and hungry players.

Bruce failure is he doesn't seem to understand there's a huge difference between winning and not losing

Let's not forget we're only 4 points off automatic promotion. Adjustments needed yes but not the right time to panic and call for his head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)