+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Post Match Thingy CAM Usually Does

MOM very difficult to decide. You could pick anyone from Rodak, vyner, Ajayi, Wood, Towell, Vaulks for me but they were all 8/10 ers. I'll go Ajayi who was superb when they really threatened.

why is match reporting so poor, I've seen reports saying the penalty was given for a push on Smith and Vassell?
    I thought it was Wood who was pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    why is match reporting so poor, I've seen reports saying the penalty was given for a push on Smith and Vassell?
    I thought it was Wood who was pushed?
    Lazy journalism and relying on 2nd / 3rd hand information.
    Good decision by the referees assistant after the ref didn't spot the original foul.
    Good value for money yesterday and entertaining for any neutrals that happened to turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    My 58th birthday at Kirklees Light Railway with the grandson. A win for the Millers. A perfect day!
    Would have been nice to spend the day with him at NYS but he's just a bit too young to sit still for 2 hours.
    CAM, if you happen to be reading this quote do pop round to see us before you jet off back home. I should be home Tuesday tea-time as I can't make the Villa game.

Ps...you missed a good match v Derby.

Paul Warne should should show one of the highlights of the Derby game for the players before every match.

It was the moment when Manning charged the complacent Huddlestone and pinched the ball off his toe while he was busy looking around to pick a pass.

It said so much, lung bursting effort, no fear of more gifted opponents and letting them know they have no divine right to come and swagger across the New York turf.

It's amazing how a bit of pressing their players in midfield can cause a team to look average at best.

Terrific! Haven’t enjoyed a game at NYS as much as this since our game against ......................Derby 3-3. Well played everyone.

Lawrence getting far too big for his boots. Thinks he’s something he isn’t. He dived for the free kick just before his sending off which incensed players and fans, especially when he then made that stupid tackle minutes later.

Frank Lampard on TV said he got sent off for being outside his box. No he didn’t- sent off for continuously bullying and swearing at the linesman. Poor show Frank and as others have said you will lose respect. Bottom lip out from the get go.

Only 8000 of our own. Poor

Well done Millers.

Yesterday was a result of many good things that have come together this season but least of all PW's tactics and formation and he's worked out how to get points in this league without having the spending power.

I know it's stating the obvious but we've got a real gem with PW. A fast learner who makes the right decisions

On reflection I don't think he would have done anything different this season. He had to keep it tight early on (Brentford excepted) otherwise we would probably have got smashed in many games and the confidence would be shot with the players, Manager and fans. Now he's got the players acclimatised to the division and growing in confidence and laid a good foundation he can now be more adventurous.

Good management

PW has finally played the team most fans want him too...
    Imo it's the strongest starting 11 we have..
    Slight negative is it's a good job we didn't need a plan B. All the subs would have weekend the team unlike last season.

If we can hold our own till January then add one or two quantity additions then the 2nd half of the season could be our best for a while.

Great performance Vs a avg/underperforming team. 2 points from the next 2 games would be fantastic...

Finally a performance that shows we could belong in this league. We were the better side in the first half and should have been leading at half time. Sending off and penalty both stonewall in my opinion. The only thing Derby could moan at the ref about is that Wood might have got a second yellow. So what does Lampard do, blame the pitch, sorry award winning pitch.
    Rodak. Solid performance with one brilliant save from Huddleston
    Vyner. Much improved good performance
    Mattock. As above though did keep getting caught out of position
    Wood. Solid but lucky to stay on IMO gets has to stop getting caught out and dragging players back
    Ajayi. Outstanding
    Vaulks. Looked better with Trowell and Manning in front of him
    Trowell. Welcome back. Outstanding.
    Manning. Played well only let down by the length of his corner kicks.
    Williams. Best game for Millers looks a threat.
    Vassel. Strong and a handful backs up well and a cracking signing.
    Smith. Had a quiet game for him work hard. Didn't win too many and he really needs to make more chances count.
    Overall I'm a happy bunny. We played a "big" team fancied to be in top 8 or so and were the better side. Nuff said.

Just watched extended highlights..
    I've said it before and yesterday confirm my argument more. Vassell off. Taylor on. 3 of derbys late chances were crosses from the right side.... Each time Taylor was out of position or left mattock one on one...
    Right. Not going to mention it any more as I'm starting to sound obcessive...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast