+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Match Thingy CAM Usually Does

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Fear not Towell fans, says he just came off with cramp on ifolllow.
    Good news - He did say ( on Radio DeeDah) that he had stud marks on the back of his socks though after that tackle from Lawrence, but luckily no serious damage done and should be ok for Tuesday.

If you could score a game 11/10 this was it.

Spirit, togetherness, as one, I could run a plethora of praise about what I witnessed today.
    Bigger club? Yes. Afraid of them? err no. Doesn't matter how it gets dressed up by Lampard moaning about the pitch, laughable, we simply held our ground and nerve and took it to them.

To a man, that is quite simply the best I've seen us play as a combined unit since the days of Warnock/Evans.

For me the change has to be the reintroduction of Towell. His game power and strength to get in there and break up play merely spurred
    on Vaulks/Manning and for me Williams the MOTM. Best game ever for us and was a thorn in their side all the game.

What contract is Shemi tied down to? Get it extended and quick because this lad is destined for a lot bigger club if he keeps these kind of performances up. This player is definitely maturing as each game passes and even his wayward decisions on wondering what to do with the ball under tight situations was non existent, he merely swept things away to nullify their attacks time and again. Don't be surprised if Derby don't come sniffing come January!

The rest of the team including the old man Woods were immense to a man. Thank you for your efforts today.

Biggest plaudits have to go to Warne and his backroom staff who kept things calm in what was a volatile game but we remained composed and dignified under what was a physical onslaught. Derby came with a hideous, knock it over the top, game that Waghorn could never get in to. Thanks for the crap tactics Frank! Hoped you liked the view from the stand.

Keough, what a donkey of a player, physical, mouthing at the ref every two minutes, hang your boots up man.
    you're getting past it.

Last but not least, great to see so many happy faces as we trudged out of the stadium. The optimism is there so let's hope we can keep the momentum going. UTM!

Couldn't get today due to work rota, but reading this board and other stuff on twitter makes me even more pig sick i missed it!!

Well done millers, i feel that midfield could be a potent and effective weapon for us, great stuff from all concerned though...UTM

Looked like a crap game on Quest, showed the sending off, Lampard's sending off and the penalty and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Looked like a crap game on Quest, showed the sending off, Lampard's sending off and the penalty and that was it.
    They are hardly going to show the great saves that Carson made, after all we are only liddle old Rovrum. They have to keep the big clubs happy and not show minnows like us showing them up. Rest assured Derby will be on in the coming weeks with a more lengthy coverage.

I thought it was a very entertaining game. I'd still feel the same had it finished goaless. Most 'big'teams that come to New York, will attack as they feel it's a certain win.

For the first time, we looked like we belong at this level

We must build on this & don't think we are world beaters.I have watched the Millers long enough to know they build you up they let you down time to drive on starting with a few away points.

Agreed grumps the last couple of home games we have matured and shown we are not gonna just get passed off the pitch and run rings round every week. Lets try to start sneaking points away and we will really have arrived.

Fully deserved win and 3 points.
    We had a game plan, plan A and we didn't need a plan B.
    All the way across midfield we were hard working and stuck at the task in hand. When Derby did attempt at goal we had Marek Rodak in good form, he saved us more than once.
    Managed to hold out to 0-0 and didn't do our usual trick of lacking concentration at crucial times.
    Difficult to pick a MOTM, Ryan Manning...best game I've seen him play, Ajayi was immense especially that 2nd half, Richie Towell coming in allowed Will Vaulks to relax more and play his own style of game.

Almost forgot.....clean sheet AGAIN !!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast