+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v Stevenage

What a frustrating game. To go ahead three times and still not win! However, unlike previous weeks, there were some positives to take from today's game (as well as the standard negatives).

Positives:

Our front two both had good games and actually worked together well. They defended from the front and got a goal each. Stead should have scored another.

Midfield worked harder and actually battled. I thought both our wide players were effective for once. Enzio scored another great goal, and Allesandra had one of his best games for the club.

I thought the two new boys did fairly well. Evina contributed well going forward and was OK at the back - yeah, he was out-jumped for their second, but the guy who won the header was way taller than him. What's he supposed to do? Turley looked like a beast and kept it simple. As someone else has said, we looked weaker at the back with Tootle on.

We created plenty of good chances and scored three goals.

The negatives:

I'm sorry, but Fitz is just a nightmare. OK, none of the goals were his fault exactly, but a better keeper wouldn't let all three in. And apart from that, he seemed hellbent on adding another blooper to his greatest hits, first when he went missing for a dropping ball, and second when he kicked it against their striker's back. He inspires zero confidence and cannot command his area or claim crosses. The knock-on effect for the defence and whole team is devastating. We need a new keeper.

We still look shaky at the back. Brisley looks like a shadow of the player we saw a year ago.

Bottom of the league still.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    100% correct.
    In a word he is " CRAP ".

Fitzsimons 4.5 - Still looks like an accident waiting to happen. Replays will confirm whether this is a harsh rating or not regarding the first two goals, but he looks a shadow of the player we saw last season.
    Turley 6 - Not sure if right back is his natural position, but had a decent first half.
    Brisley 5.5 - An improved performance without looking impressive, let's hope this is the start of him getting last season's form back.
    Ward 6 - Nothing special, but basically competent.
    Evina 6.5 - Not a bad first start, looks an upgrade on Jones.
    Boldewijn 8* - A real threat. Even though he visibly tired late on and the end product wasn't always there, he terrified them with his pace. Another cracking goal out of nothing, I think he looks a very good signing.
    Husin 5.5 - Even though he was more involved than usual, I still struggle to see what he adds. As the creative midfielder he created very little, and he still looks lightweight when they have the ball.
    Milsom 6 - Does what Milsom does. Nothing special but played his part in midfield.
    Alessandra 7.5 - always involved and worked hard when he was out wide and then in the centre. Offered a bit of creativity as well.
    Stead 7 - Could have done better with the chances he had, but his work ethic is a great example to the rest of the team.
    Hemmings 7 - Best game I've seen from him. Chased and harried their defence throughout, took his goal well. This is the Kane Hemmings I was hoping for, so more of the same please.

Tootle 5.5 - Did ok, but doesn't look the player we had last season yet.
    Thomas 5 - no real impact.

Overall much better, at least we looked like we wanted it but our defensive frailties cost us the extra two points. I just hope this is the bottom of the downward spiral and we use it to start an upward curve.

Quite a few different opinions on Husin’s performance in this thread. I thought that, until he tired, he was one of Notts’ best players today. He always has the ability to see a creative pass, but often doesn’t execute his intentions accurately. But today he was getting it right more often than not and was also adding some bite to his tackles, which is something else which has been missing from his recent performances. I thought he had run himself into the ground by the time he was taken off, so perhaps he needs to improve his fitness or stamina, but if HK has got this much improvement out of him in the space of two weeks, things are looking promising.

He could be worth an extended run in the starting 11.

I thought Husin had a great game today. He was definitely blowing though, so the right decision for take him off.

Thanks for the ratings everyone, just woke up here but sounds like a much improved performance by a few of our plates and the new lads seem like they'll be better than what we had. Like you've all said though unless we replace Fitz then he could take us down as how many times can the team do the right thing up front just to see if go wrong at the back. He has zero confidence and soon the outfield players are going to think what's the point in us doing our job as Fitz will just fluff it up anyway. Still a point is a point and something to build on for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Time to give Pindroch a go?
    Or bring Barcherini back! Balti seems to think he is highly thought of?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Quite a few different opinions on Husin’s performance in this thread. I thought that, until he tired, he was one of Notts’ best players today. He always has the ability to see a creative pass, but often doesn’t execute his intentions accurately. But today he was getting it right more often than not and was also adding some bite to his tackles, which is something else which has been missing from his recent performances. I thought he had run himself into the ground by the time he was taken off, so perhaps he needs to improve his fitness or stamina, but if HK has got this much improvement out of him in the space of two weeks, things are looking promising.

He could be worth an extended run in the starting 11.
    I agree that Husin had a better game than usual, but I'm still not convinced he's the player we need in the middle in what is fast turning into a relegation battle. He is undoubtedly talented, but the overall impact he has on the game is usually minimal - in fact he has negatively impacted games far more than he has positively. Also, a lot of the stuff he does that looks good is essentially pointless - the amount of times he's shown some lovely close control with opposition players around him only to give the ball away straight after. We need more killer passes, more goals, more threat. But hey, he's still young and should improve. I hope HK can get the most out of him.

Milsom and Husin are the best midfield pairing I've seen this season, and look the best pick from what we've got.

Husin really battled yesterday, didn't get knocked off the balls and won plenty of tackles. If he can keep improving that side of his game he'll be a good asset.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Or bring Barcherini back! Balti seems to think he is highly thought of?
    You still smarting that you got called out for talking rubbish? He is highly regarded as a coach, hence why he's now at a championship club, after not being released as a 14 year old... Surprised you're not calling for Curtis Hall to be reinstated?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast