+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Ratings v Stevenage

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Milsom and Husin are the best midfield pairing I've seen this season, and look the best pick from what we've got.

Husin really battled yesterday, didn't get knocked off the balls and won plenty of tackles. If he can keep improving that side of his game he'll be a good asset.
    Husin could / should have prevented the crosses for 2nd and 3rd goals, just backs off and invites the cross. 1st goal, what the fluck is Fitzsimmons doing??

Never been a keeper but the positioning of Fitz on the first two goals looks very poor.

On the TV highlights the 3rd goal is down to Brisley he left his man (who scored) in the middle of the penalty box to help Tootle.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    On the TV highlights the 3rd goal is down to Brisley he left his man (who scored) in the middle of the penalty box to help Tootle.
    Just seen the goals again. While I said earlier that none of the goals are Fitz's fault, the first one was pretty awful goalkeeping. It looks like he just assumes it's going to go near-post, falls that way, and the ball bobbles into the centre of the goal. Ridiculous. The second goal he's pretty much lobbed while being on his line. Quality header though.

The third goal was more Tootle's fault than Brisley - Toots was nowhere near his man, giving him all the time in the world to lay it back to the goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You still smarting that you got called out for talking rubbish? He is highly regarded as a coach, hence why he's now at a championship club, after not being released as a 14 year old... Surprised you're not calling for Curtis Hall to be reinstated?
    Not smarting just waiting for you to give an answer to when Barcherini played and who against. I've seen many many games over the last 40 years and this one slips my memory. This would mean Barcherini was a professional or apprentice and he doesn't show up in any ex players list? And you you are right I would sooner see a young prospect like Curtis Hall given a chance than Fitz or Pindroch. Look forward to you enlightening me.

I would love a new goalkeeper ( Pin-drop isn't the answer ) and a midfield enforcer but Bruce ( our manager ) may have to work with what he's got. We can't go signing players ( we all know there are only unattached players available and there is normally a good reason they haven't got a club) every other week because so and so as flucked up. If he's half manager he seems to think he is, now is the time to deliver.

Great goal by Hemmings but he never looks overjoyed when he scores.
    Fitz seem to trip over his own feet for their first goal but like others have said defenders were static in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Just seen the goals again. While I said earlier that none of the goals are Fitz's fault, the first one was pretty awful goalkeeping. It looks like he just assumes it's going to go near-post, falls that way, and the ball bobbles into the centre of the goal. Ridiculous. The second goal he's pretty much lobbed while being on his line. Quality header though.

The third goal was more Tootle's fault than Brisley - Toots was nowhere near his man, giving him all the time in the world to lay it back to the goalscorer.
    The first goal is plain weird....I assume Fitz went to the far post to watch the ball go into touch or into the side netting, but the sliding attacker got a near-perfect deflection on the ball to send it back into the middle of the goal....Fitz was presumably wrong-footed (the commentator said it looked like his feet were stuck, I would say "rooted to the spot") and merely toppled into his own goal side-netting.....the ball bobbled lazily in for a goal.

The 2nd was a question of Fitz getting caught in no-mans-land, neither challenging the cross or staying on his line and the header looped over him.....notice Ward and Brisley's reaction ......neither is sure who to blame, either Evita or Fitz, they merely stare from one to the other in disbelief

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123