+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Choices for the Board

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Good, we need to give hima chance to succeed.

A lot of fans are getting excited and want him gone so that another man can come in with time to save this season. I think that's what's causing a lot of the unrest. I think it may be possible to get promotion this season but unlikely but we are extremely unlikely to win the championship. Next season is more realistic on that front.
    TTT I don’t understand? Are you saying we should give him more time so he can try and get us up... next season?

The only reason I can see for keeping him is the fact that we are completely ****ing skint and can’t afford to pay him off.

Everyone seems to think we wave a magic new manager wand & hey presto, champions.
    It's a fait accompli.
    Is it phuk.
    The next guy could be worse & that I'm afraid is a FACT.
    And before anyone says Newman couldn't be any worse, well yes he could cos what Snaba's got over Newman is it is his group of players. Stubbs anyone?

Every new manager has to work with the players he inherits. Laszlo is the first manager I have ever known to have been able to use this as an excuse for being ****e. The squad he inherited was top of the league despite being stifled by a very negative, naive , stubborn manager. Laszlo managed to take that squad and almost miss the play offs. Why then, did we allow him to punt virtually the whole squad, who as I said, had us top of the league when he arrived, and trust him to assemble a new squad. Following your argument, no club would ever sack their manager, no matter how badly they are performing, until they had been allowed to completely revamp their squads. That is a nonsense. How many other teams who change their managers allow a full squad rebuild?
    The man is a dud, and if we allow him to continue it will be akin to building castles in the sand. We need a strong foundation, which requires a strong, positive, attack minded, fluent manager who can organize the squad we have and has at least a semblance of tactical knowledge.

And who might this man be, your strong, positive, attack minded, fluent manager?
    Come on, give him a name.
    Our last three managerial appointments have been examples of the new man being worse than the predecessor.
    So who's your magic man?

Snaba's advantage is that he has his own chosen group of players, two of whom are Fyvie & Stanton.

Houston, McIntyre, McCall, neilson, all free and available. 2 of them have brought teams up from the championship at the first time of asking I think I'm right in saying, and the other 2 are excellent candidates with lots of experience. We could have had Hopkin as well if Mr. Martin had punted the current balloon at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    Houston, McIntyre, McCall, neilson, all free and available. 2 of them have brought teams up from the championship at the first time of asking I think I'm right in saying, and the other 2 are excellent candidates with lots of experience. We could have had Hopkin as well if Mr. Martin had punted the current balloon at the end of last season.
    McCall and Neilson would be my top 2 picks to be honest mate

McCall currently in a job - S****horpe United

Sorry, didn't realize.

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    How many other teams who change their managers allow a full squad rebuild?
    This is a great question and raises one of the points that have made United almost unmanageable over the last couple of years. Since relegation we have been signing players on one year contracts or year long loans. This has meant Ray and now Csaba have had to do a full squad rebuild before each of their seasons start. Thankfully the club are now thinking a bit longer term to give a manager a chance to build something. This is why Csaba isn't being sacked, ultimately he's just started a probable two season job.

Remember I happened to see his appointment on sky and was disappointed that he wouldn’t be around for United. Was quite a low key appointment

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)