+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post Match Vids:

I think we all agree that going forward we are a real threat and that was the big positive from yesterday.

There are now two players that are splitting opinion Fitz and Husin.

Fitz appears to be in a no win situation at the moment but there are parts of his game he needs to address in order to improve.

Firstly he needs to man the fcuk up! The space between his goal line and the penalty spot is his and he needs to assert himself and make everyone aware of that both his defenders and the opposition players. I’m assuming the fact his confidence is shot right now coupled with his lack of height/stature hinders him in this respect but even so he has the ability to shout instructions to assert his authority.

Secondly his distribution needs some work. I fully blame him for the first goal. Not because of his positioning when the ball bobbled passed him but because he was solely responsible for providing Boro with the opportunity. He had the chance to release the ball quickly to Turley on the right who was in acres of space and screaming for it. If he had we would have been back on the front foot attacking down the right flank, instead he waited ages, allowing Boro to organise themselves and then made a dreadful clearance straight to a Boro player, 30 seconds later they had scored, it should never have happened!

Finally his general handling is not great. There were a couple of shots straight at him yesterday that you did worry would go straight through his hands. Again not sure if this is lack of confidence but he needs some help right now and I’m not convinced Crossley is the right man for the job.

Now Husin. I do get concerned when reading some comments about him creating nothing, being lightweight etc etc. Yesterday he fulfilled his duties to the letter. It was very clear both him and Milsom had been given the same instructions, basically to try and make a nuisance of themselves in midfield, get a tackle in and get the ball back to our full backs or wingers at earliest opportunity. Husin did this admirably yesterday but was unfortunately caught out a couple of times mainly because he had no outlet and had to try and hold the ball longer than he should have needed to. This happened to Milsom also.

What I will say is if Vaughan had played instead of Husin we would have been run ragged in midfield and Husin has shown, in my opinion to have the strength to make a great partnership with Milsom in the future. It is obvious this is what HK sees as well.

Don’t get me wrong there is a lot of room for improvement but I honestly think HK will get the best out of Husin and it will be for the better, I’m very interested to see how that pans out.

All just my opinion of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Husin was 10 yards from the player who has time to pick his cross for the 3rd goal. He made no attempt to close the player down. All 3 goals were gifts. All 3 were avoidable. None were Fitzsimons fault.
    Still we are now undefeated in one game. Start of a run, hopefully.
    Watched the highlights twice and though it may well be true that Fitz' confidence is shot it's ridiculous to blame him for the goals, the defending was poor to bad for all three. Same last week where none of the five were his fault.
    Both full backs and Brisley far more at fault.
    The number of crosses we're allowing is criminal. Cut them down and the goals against column improves. This means doubling up and tracking back, that hasn't happened consistently all season. Maybe coaching, maybe fitness but whatever the reason it just has to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by them0uf View Post
    He was partially to blame for the first - went too fast along his line to close the angle so couldn't change direction when he had to.
    I've seen the replay now. Fitz had to move fast along his line to track the ball, and with that momentum he had to go all the way to cover the other post. If the ball had beaten him at the post, it would be the cardinal sin for a goalkeeper and people would have slated him for that. I actually think the Stevenage player (Kennedy) mis- hits it slightly in the end, but I might not be giving him enough credit for a clever finish back across the goal. Fitz was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Turley and Ward could have done more, not to mention Kennedy's marker/tracker at the far post.

As Optipez says above, our inability to stop balls into the box from all angles is shocking, whether they're coming from the wings or even from more central positions. Until we close down these balls better, we will keep conceding goals. In 30 years I don't think I've ever seen such defensively inept full-backs as we see in the modern game. They offer only a token effort to stop the ball, and sometimes stand several yards off their opponent. The likes of Stuart Pearce must be aghast when they see what passes for defending at all levels of football today.
    Last edited by jackal2; 16-09-2018 at 06:31 PM.

The main man for all this is the idiot who let Collin go and then didn’t get another keeper in.

Fitzsimons + Husin = Non League.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've seen the replay now. Fitz had to move fast along his line to track the ball, and with that momentum he had to go all the way to cover the other post. If the ball had beaten him at the post, it would be the cardinal sin for a goalkeeper and people would have slated him for that. I actually think the Stevenage player (Kennedy) mis- hits it slightly in the end, but I might not be giving him enough credit for a clever finish back across the goal. Fitz was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Turley and Ward could have done more, not to mention Kennedy's marker/tracker at the far post.

As Optipez says above, our inability to stop balls into the box from all angles is shocking, whether they're coming from the wings or even from more central positions. Until we close down these balls better, we will keep conceding goals. In 30 years I don't think I've ever seen such defensively inept full-backs as we see in the modern game. They offer only a token effort to stop the ball, and sometimes stand several yards off their opponent. The likes of Stuart Pearce must be aghast when they see what passes for defending at all levels of football today.
    Agree that he had to move fast but he overran it. In fact he pretty much overran the pitch. Can understand why it might be panic given his current run of form, but you have to give yourself a chance of stopping the shot wherever it goes. agree the point about crosses, especially if we have a keeper who has a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Steve Cherry didn't tend to come for many crosses, sensibly because he wasn't the tallest, but he was a superb shot stopper and organiser and one of the best goalkeepers we've ever had.
    I can't agree with that. The minute he arrive he improved us immeasurably because he did come for crosses and just plucked the ball out the air, unlike Mick Leonard who was like a rabbit in the headlights on his line.

Is this the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by end_of_the_road View Post
    Is this the same guy?
    Sorry Mick. Anyway, maybe I exaggerate but check out the punch at 20.28 this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0A5CupCCY

It's called dominating your 6 yard box.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Sorry Mick. Anyway, maybe I exaggerate but check out the punch at 20.28 this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0A5CupCCY

It's called dominating your 6 yard box.
    and probably his most famous match (read the comments):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acdX9XH20cw

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast