+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derby fans....

Higher up the leagues you go the worse the fans seem to be, most of the away fans in League 2 were great.

Leyton Orient fans even after we beat them in the play-off they were still nice.

Every club has it's idiots, us included, the fact is that the more fans you have, the more idiots there'll be.....

The rumour that a girl split her head open on a chair thrown by a Derby fan was true. She spent 6 hours in hospital having a CT scan and her head glued back together poor girl. That's enough to put anyone off a game for life

They obviously were very irate from the game because "they should be beating small teams like Rotherham", and I think that's where a lot of anger from these bigger teams stem from, particularly when we beat them

Every team has their own fair share of idiots, we certainly do. But someone got seriously injured yesterday and she's lucky it wasn't life-threatening, if I was her I would take serious legal action

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Every team has their own fair share of idiots, we certainly do. But someone got seriously injured yesterday and she's lucky it wasn't life-threatening, if I was her I would take serious legal action
    Legal action against who?

Can’t blame ether club for one punk and I doubt the punk has anything to lose in court apart from a weeks worth of spice

What I can see on Derby fans forum the lad who threw the seat got a good hiding off some of his own fans.

We,as a country, spend millions on policing per season, and by and large that is accommodating the idiots we're talking about, regardless of club they 'support'...i've just done a quick search and the Met police spent £12M last season.

Time for a bit of zero tolerance if you ask me, bad behaviour is accepted at football matches, we all know it, the police just want to corral the thugs from one place to another. How about lifting them for every misdemeanor? stick the 'section 5' on em, if they continue to be idiots, give em some baton, time to stop appeasing the thugs if you ask me.
    All those decent fans would have a much better matchday experience without the edge you have when going to a match, particularly away from home. I always really enjoy a game when i've been in a pub beforehand and chatted to home/away fans, and i think we're all the same really.
    If the intent is there the hooliganism can be put back in it's place, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Legal action against who?

Can’t blame ether club for one punk and I doubt the punk has anything to lose in court apart from a weeks worth of spice
    The idiot who threw the seat should be easily identifiable through CCTV and the purchase of his match ticket .

He should receive his day in court and then banned for life by Derby Country .

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    We,as a country, spend millions on policing per season, and by and large that is accommodating the idiots we're talking about, regardless of club they 'support'...i've just done a quick search and the Met police spent £12M last season.

Time for a bit of zero tolerance if you ask me, bad behaviour is accepted at football matches, we all know it, the police just want to corral the thugs from one place to another. How about lifting them for every misdemeanor? stick the 'section 5' on em, if they continue to be idiots, give em some baton, time to stop appeasing the thugs if you ask me.
    All those decent fans would have a much better matchday experience without the edge you have when going to a match, particularly away from home. I always really enjoy a game when i've been in a pub beforehand and chatted to home/away fans, and i think we're all the same really.
    If the intent is there the hooliganism can be put back in it's place, in my opinion.
    Agree with this. Indiscriminate acts of violence on unsuspecting fans need to be punished severely. Elderly folk particularly cannot get out of the way of these morons who are that weak individually they only gain strength from being in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Agree with this. Indiscriminate acts of violence on unsuspecting fans need to be punished severely. Elderly folk particularly cannot get out of the way of these morons who are that weak individually they only gain strength from being in numbers.
    Exactly, and they're not punished, there's many a punch thrown every weekend that goes unpunished, and you know what, the same idiot will throw it again the week after etc etc, we appease them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234