+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair result today

I like TM, because he is honest. But he's fair. And I must say, classy. Because other mangers get caught up in the emotion too much straight after a game (like I do) He stays calm, and gives a fair opinion to what happened. And also doesn't react to other managers comments on his side. Which He will feel like protecting, but he stays neutral. The Brentford manager came out after we beat them and said some pathetic stuff. I didn't mind them as a club until then. And him, I respected him. I don't now.
    Comments about our pitch? How unlucky they where. How fortunate we where. The goal was a foul .....blah blah blah. It's pathetic. Cooke at Wigan last season. We have more class than that at Rovers. Because we are being lead by a proper leader of men.
    You know what I like best of all??!!
    We are going to go toe to toe with all these big clubs with huge amounts of money, and these 'modern manager's' ......And we will quirky go about our business. We will rarely let ourselves down, we will lose sometimes, but more often than not, we will get it right. But we will do it in a quiet, assured and classy way. Because that's how the manager operates. Like he said, we may not be the best side around, but we will always try and give it our all, and we have a determination to keep improving. And we have a fantastic team unity inside our dressing room.
    That will always give us at least half a chance.

Absolutely champs
    How many managers moan about how hard done by they have been but Mowbray? I can't recall him moaning at all.
    I can forgive Bruce as he is firmly on the chopping block the others however are bitter individuals in particular cook who I cannot stand
    Arrogant arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Absolutely champs
    How many managers moan about how hard done by they have been but Mowbray? I can't recall him moaning at all.
    I can forgive Bruce as he is firmly on the chopping block the others however are bitter individuals in particular cook who I cannot stand
    Arrogant arsehole.

That's why my blood boils about last season. Look at Sunderland right now? Not exactly walking it are they??
    But his achievments where massively under-valued last season.
    TM has only ever lost 4 Champ games with Rovers, spanning back to when we went down.
    We went down because Hudd's threw a game of football allowing Birmingham to stay up. And they have struggled and tread water ever since. We had to endure going down with 54 points! We got cheated a bit.
    And did he moan? Or complain like Bruce? Or like Brentfords nobody of a manager, acted like a child.

No, we rolled our sleeves up, adapted and worked unbelievably hard to create a winning formula. And we have come back stronger than we have been in well over a decade.

As much as little Wigan did well last season, and have come up and looked half decent, we where always going to push on past a club like that. We will be above them moving forwards.

But we do all this with class.

and we haven't lost at home in over 12 months.
    That's some achievemet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)