+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry

I've thought all along that this squad was a bit light. I think the regular starting 11 are more than capable of getting us promoted, but if things are not going our way or players are having an off day and we need to make changes, any replacements we make from off the bench are just not up to it, or so it seems.
    Maybe the lad, Bahre isn't yet up to speed but I think he will improve the team, he just needs a couple of games and we've not seen Woodrow yet.
    I also said that we couldn't rely on Moore unless he improved in front of goal, he has, but can't score without service or if he's being marked by 3 defenders, we need someone busy enough to have at least one of them move and make space for him or others. Millwalls gain is our loss.
    We never expected to win them all, or even go undefeated all season so maybe it's better to lose one now, learn from it and move on to the next game and a win.
    Can't complain about anyone really, with the start we've made, but hope some will improve and play till they drop for the cause.

I’d have taken only 1 defeat from 8 at the start of the season however since selling Bradshaw we seem to have stuck to just 1 up top - when big vid came on at half time against Walsall and we went to 2 up top we looked a different team. 2 things will trip us up this season-wasteful finishing/poor decision making in the last third and our attitude by way of thinking we’re Bertie big cahoonas

Yes I know the ship has sailed in theory (although it is very much still in the harbour as he’s s free agent) but someone such as Hammill would give some of these a kick up the ar5e.

Davies needs replacing as he has started to resemble a subbuteo goalkeeper and for coventrys goal was like watching benny hill in his pomp

Agree with that renno
    How much longer will Davies fail to command "his" 6 yard box &
    my view of Hammill is well known on here
    I also think it seems long overdue that Stendel started to kick a few arses

Goalkeeper has to stop dictating how Barnsley plays. Ruined the game with his hoofing the ball anywhere he liked. Can't stand goalies that slice the ball in the air when there are players crying out for a simple pass only yards away. Football is a simple game and only a simpleton would not recognise that the goalie is being mental playing the opposite to what Stendal wants them to play and that is to pass the ball from the back, on the floor and to feet.

Thuz mooar and mooar gerrin caught art trying to be clever playing it art frum back, even at Premiership level. Aar lads ent the technical skills to play it art in a composed manner. It's a car crash waiting to happen.
    Throw it art to heyf way line or wellie it to big lad up front.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thuz mooar and mooar gerrin caught art trying to be clever playing it art frum back, even at Premiership level. Aar lads ent the technical skills to play it art in a composed manner. It's a car crash waiting to happen.
    Throw it art to heyf way line or wellie it to big lad up front.
    Don't play down the fact Barnsley fc are too good for league one and the whole football establishment know it to be true and are hoping Barnsley hide this fact that they shouldn't be where they are. (in otherwords Barnsley have brought the game in disrepute keeping one of the world's best strikers at this level and the same goes for all the other teams that have done the same to poor Kieffer). Walton the goalkeeper the other day played it from the back and the team played beautiful football in the second half against a resolute Walsall side and if not for a couple of good saves and a few misplaced passes (Moncur) Barnsley would have won at a canter.
    Last edited by theojustice; 18-09-2018 at 08:31 AM.

What do you call a judge with no balls?

Justice D1ck.

Yes maybe so but the fact you are countering so fast indicates you are part of this cover up. The fact is Kieffer Moore is one of the world's best strikers and has been held back by these bad managers and clubs.( They have all conspired to hide this fact from the public that they have done this to his career and it seems to me nothing has changed at Barnsley to say they aren't doing the same)
    Last edited by theojustice; 18-09-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Feed the debate , starve the troll .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Feed the debate , starve the troll .
    Missing the point aren't we and that is Kieffer is one of the world's best strikers and no matter how hard you try to cover up the fact you can't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast