+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry

Coventry

For those that haven’t been today but listened to a guy called Craig on Praise and Mumble, he got it absolutely spot on.
    Today we had a packed midfield, who struggled to work together and were trying to overhead flick, amd head at every opportunity..... amd it didn’t come off. Today looked like a side who thought they were above the opposition. Some of the Players were very Poor. Cavaré ( and you know I think he’s is our best player was shocking first half, amd I mean shocking.
    Jacob Brown needs to be told where to play....... he was too far back, and when the ball neede to be played to him wasn’t far enough up the field......... LET CAVARÉ DO HIS JOB! Which is get the ball and send it to Jacob.... who is in space..... If Brown is too near to Cavaré it won’t work... Brown looked as if he was tied to a 10ft string to Cavarés boot.
    Midfield was a “Mash it up” Mowatt, Douglas and Bähre ( who did ok, but looked like he wasn’t sure where he should play like Brown) were “Cramped” too close to each other.....
    Lindsay for me was the wort player on the field. Rest him please.
    70+ years without a win today amd we’ve lost to,a team we would have Arsoiled three weeks ago.
    Home in Huddersfield having a pint at 1900...... and left at final whistle.
    Poor today

I mentioned it earlier , since Bradshaw left for Millwall we aren't the same side that started the season .

Knocked this system back a little and it's a struggle , we've lost something that Bradshaw provided .

But we've got a million quid to come

Will the million go on replacement in January???

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    But we've got a million quid to come
    I think Stendel knew that while Bradshaw wasn't possibly worth over a million quid in the open market he possibly was to us with the system we play .

Then again when have football brains ever had any clout on Grove Street over the last 15 years ? .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think Stendel knew that while Bradshaw wasn't possibly worth over a million quid in the open market he possibly was to us with the system we play .

Then again when have football brains ever had any clout on Grove Street over the last 15 years ? .
    Woodrow, that's all.

Maybe we started the season too well, and we're now realising this squad is still on a learning curve.
    We were going to lose somewhere eventually, and we always lose there anyway, and other teams losing mean we're still 3rd. Thats the scant consolation I take tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Woodrow, that's all.
    I sincerely hope you are right Mr C , possibly going to be the difference between automatic promotion and a play off place in my opinion .

Don’t get me wrong chaps, I believe that we have enough in this squad to take First or second place. ( over 40 odd matches). It’s always maddening when you get beat by teams you KNOW you should have the better of. Had Jacob Brown put away the chance he had the game would have been different, and my earlier post was perhaps too critical, but the Jacob Brown we saw at Scunny second half wasn’t the man we saw today, amd he looked like he was being Shackled.
    Kieffer Moore was being marked at every Dead ball/free kick by 3 of their men. ONE to make a challenge with him, and the other two to pick the ball up when it dropped. Which they did EVERY time as Moore was invariably alone. Where did their extra two men come from?.... mmmmmm. we hadn’t Potts or Bradshaw buzzing around to keep them busy.......
    Pinnilos wasn’t as marauding forward as in recent games, and therefore Thiam also couldn’t get the ball delivered to him second half in any space at all....
    Watched the nightlights on QUEST and for once it showed us in a positive light....... When we didn’t deserve to do so.....
    Funny how we can win 4-0 and get a five second slot, which makes us look lucky, and lose one nil amd they make us look unlucky.
    We got just desserts today.
    Stendel on Radio Sh!tfield Called it right though... Defence was poor.
    Moncur, and McGeehan to be fair didn’t improve things.....

Bad day at the office.......
    Last edited by Jules88; 15-09-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Im not going to get carried away Jules, and I certainly would have been happy with this start to the season if it had been offered.
    Lets hope however that we havent become a one directional team towards Moore all the time, because that will be too easy for other teams to defend and counter attack against.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast