+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mikey Doyle

Mikey Doyle

Deekstrans comment in my last post reminded me that I meant to put a Doyle thread on. Well, what a signing . From what I have seen so far , comfortable in a wide range of positions and a solid 100% player. If you have noticed, a lot of our good passing moves originate from him and Calum Semple's ability to place the ball in the feet of one of our midfielders. This is compared to years of our centre halfs ' clearing their lines' and immediately having the ball pumped straight back at them
    Well done Gary Naysmith , a masterstroke signing.

I remember him when he was at Killie in the youth set up and meeting him one Saturday lunchtime up in Glasgow at a bus stop near to Central Station. He was on his way to his youth match...

Doyle and Semple are an excellent pairing.

Both have a real determination to keep a clean sheet. There man hug at the end shows they are in this together.

Doyle compliments Semple and vis versa.

Not sure if Semple will be hear after January, I really hope he is.

Doyle has an energy and enthusiasm that has a great effect on the team.

You have got to applaud the manager for bringing both these lads to the club.

Great performance by both Doyle and Semple today.If Semple in particular continues in this spread of form,I suspect that the blades will bring him back.

I think Semple is here till Christmas. Surely Sheff Utd can see the boy is doing great , playing every game and will be beneficial to them for Calum to stay to the end of season and be 'ready' to challenge back there.

Doyle has been a great signing and Semple gets better by the week. Despite all our early season concerns Queens have a good team this season. Just wish more fans would come and watch us. 500 less home fans yesterday compared to the Ayr game two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Doyle and Semple are an excellent pairing.

Both have a real determination to keep a clean sheet. There man hug at the end shows they are in this together.

Doyle compliments Semple and vis versa.

Not sure if Semple will be hear after January, I really hope he is.

Doyle has an energy and enthusiasm that has a great effect on the team.

You have got to applaud the manager for bringing both these lads to the club.
    Agree with you Mug. It's great to see 2 lads form a partnership in such a short time. Hope we can keep them together but there are many other considerations particularly with a young lad on loan although he is getting the games he needs and experiencing proper football. Fingers crossed then.

Queens will have Brownlie and Fordyce back hopefully in the near future to bolster the squad and challenge for places.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)