+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally kicked away games into touch....

Finally kicked away games into touch....

I am a season ticket holder but last year for the first season in a long while, I didn't go to any away games (unless you count the pay off final as an away game).

I didn't miss it one bit and I won't be going away this year. We ,l ike Derby County (see the Derby fans thread) have many idiots who follow our club away and I got tired of forking out fifty quid just to have my afternoon ruined by drunken louts.

Home matches are different, everyone who sits near me at NYS can behave themselves. They are passionate and knowledgeable about their football. They like to shout but never do they cause any aggravation. So even though there are many tempting fixtures this season.....I won't be going away, again.

Has anyone else given up away days?

Funnily enough I have too. Not so much for your points as I feel you'll never remove the drunken louts at any match.

I wouldn't say given up but at my club away games are definitely a case of grin and bear it at times .

Embarrassing on many occasions , racism , open drug taking , violence , vandalism and drunkenness .

We couldn't have played a better club than Millwall in the 2016 play off final for many I personally hated it apart from the 90 minutes and result .

I love the away games.
    Lot more singing.
    Take your point about idiots though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I am a season ticket holder
    So you bought a Millers season ticket shortly after telling Millersmadsters that you were moving to a new job in the USA, so you could be with your hero Donald Trump? Which one is the lie?.... both probably

Our mob will be doing every away match possible, that is until ill heallth prevents us.
    Love the away games, just avoid the morons and knuckle-draggers and all is fine.

Our team does test our resolve, it's never easy if they under perform or don't appear to turn up occasionally.
    Met some lovely people over the year's, like I said earlier avoid the morons and knuckle-daggers and all is fine.

U.T.M.

Ps....can't make Villa away..lol..will be at Forest.

I've probably been unlucky but away games have nearly always been a mini disaster for one reason or another. Gave up years ago. Lots of top Millers still do it though and good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    just avoid the morons and knuckle-draggers and all is fine.
    It's not that easy though if you end up in a seat surrounded by the morons and knuckle draggers. Tends to happen a lot at away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It's not that easy though if you end up in a seat surrounded by the morons and knuckle draggers. Tends to happen a lot at away games.
    No it's not easy to avoid them, neither is it easy to confront them.
    Luckily we are a small family club with a minority of idiots. Noticed this last couple of seasons parents taking their young children with them to away games.
    We try to cut them a bit of slack, wouldn't want to be a complete killjoy.
    Good atmosphere at some away games and if everyone did what the ' funny lad with the red herrings did ' and walk away then it would show anti-social bullies have won once again.

Ps....Miller's fans are renowned for fighting amongst themselves, have been for a long time.

I initially had to stop going to away games for health reasons and really missed it at first. Then as time went on I realised it didn't seem to matter as much any more.
    I am now able to start going to away games again but often find it difficult to get motivated so tend to be very selective about which ones I attend.
    I'm a season ticket holder and very rarely miss a home game though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast