+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally kicked away games into touch....

I always treated away games as a full day out and not all about the 90 minutes .

Generally travelled by train as early as possible , offical club coaches never did it for me but pub supporters trips were totally fine too if there was an early start or you stopped off afterwards for a night out half way home .

Had some of the best times of my life on an away day .

QPR is a particular favourite with great pubs in Shepherds Bush , Plymouth is right up there too , travelled down through the night on many occasions to arrive in Plymouth at 7am .

Newcastle is brilliant and you just have to make a weekend of that if you can , be rude not to wouldn't it as you all know .

Once went up to Hibs by car in the late 90's for a pre season friendly , we went in to this bar near Easter Road and got chatting to the Hibs lads before the game , great craic and they said pop back in after the game for a pint before you set back off home .

So we did , we had one , then another and another , the driver thought sod this I'm on it too , we are still in that bar at 1am , one of the Hibs lads put us up for the night as he only lived round the corner .

We got up next day worse for wear , back to the pub with our host , 4pm on sunday afternoon when we eventually set off back home .

We stayed in touch with the Hibs lads and they all came down to Barnsley for my mates wedding .

Lost touch completely now unfortunately as often happens when lifes change .

Bloody great weekend that .

Our gang generally choose one away game a season, usually somewhere we've not been before, or play against very rarely. As we are a regular championship side now, (4out of 5 seasons), think we'll wait for the fa cup draw before deciding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12