+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See That Cover Image for the UtdMad Board...

See That Cover Image for the UtdMad Board...

...that's what Tannadice is racing towards on matchday.

I believe we have the players to win this league. Miraculously.

I have lost confidence in the manager and wider management team.

I have not gained confidence in the new board.

Looking at this board, at other sites and into myself I am deeply worried about the state of our Club, our fans and our future. I genuinely don't know how to resolve this, IMO we are on the cusp of this becoming a decade-long session in the Diddy League. This season has all the hallmarks of being an epoch-defining campaign for DUFC and the omens are pretty grim.

I said to fellow Arabs on Day 1 that we had to come out of the Traps and dominate Dunfermline. Hammer the, send a message to the Championship: we lost 3-1 at home. We've got a 1-1-1 record at home and already 3 off the pace with the top three to play in our remaining first quarter, plus Falkirk under McKinnon.

The Board apparently set a target of 18 points this quarter: we can only achieve that by winning all four matches. I don't think we can even consider four wins in these ties under Shaba, so i think we have to sack and move now to replace him.

As a fan, I gave an opinion but not an answer.

What a ****in' mess we are in. What a total cluster**** of a situation...

It's got good grass, just sho!te players in tangerine "playing" on it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    It's got good grass, just sho!te players in tangerine "playing" on it unfortunately.
    True mate, I was more focused on the empty stands...

I think we've got better players than any other team in the league. Unfortunately the manager's no got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    True mate, I was more focused on the empty stands...
    But you've just admitted on another thread that you hardly go to games any more.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    But you've just admitted on another thread that you hardly go to games any more.
    Stop picking on a fellow glory hunter ,when i first started going to games of my own volition it was at the end of the Kerr era and the beginning of McLean's tenure in the old first division.The crowds at Tannadice in the early 70's against fellow cannon fodder teams like,East Fife,Arbroath and Morton was around 3000.

I could have supported DFC the bigger supported club in the city or Celtic who were in the midst of 9 in a row but i chose to follow United,what a phuckin glory hunting barsteward i am eh?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Stop picking on a fellow glory hunter ,when i first started going to games of my own volition it was at the end of the Kerr era and the beginning of McLean's tenure in the old first division.The crowds at Tannadice in the early 70's against fellow cannon fodder teams like,East Fife,Arbroath and Morton was around 3000.

I could have supported DFC the bigger supported club in the city or Celtic who were in the midst of 9 in a row but i chose to follow United,what a phuckin glory hunting barsteward i am eh?.
    Love this!!!!

Lol! All I'm saying is it's a little ironic to moan about pictures of empty stands when you don't go to matches.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    For complex reasons not immediately linked to the football.

Thanks for flagging that one point in your deductive investigations of my posts.

The general points in the original post are far more important than my individual actions.

Gunboat, I'm 42. I started supporting United aged about six. When glory hunting had nowt to do with the decision. My first game was a 0-0 bore draw with Hearts at Tanny, which Hearts were better in. I didn't jump to Gorgie. My first ST was in 2001, at the depths of what was - then - the worst I'd seen United, including the one season jolly.

So a glory hunter I am not.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)