+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Burnley

At least we will still have a football club playing League football to support, we could all be supporting Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Hartlepool United, Gateshead, Halifax, Barrow, Chesterfield, Aldershot, Dagenham and Redbridge, Darlington, Chester, Bradford Park Avenue, Stockport County, Torquay United, Scarborough, Hereford, Ashington, York or Workington to name just a few who have been Football League clubs during my lifetime.

Awful, absolutely awful.

Good point Supersub6. Does anybody remember Jan 24th 1987 Burnley 0 Hereford 6. Now that was what you call absolute rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireclaret101 View Post
    Hang on, don't start slagging off people so soon. We all knew it was going to be hard this season with the amount of money being spent by teams in the PL. We do not have the backing other teams have. It amazes me we have survived in the PL so far.
    Hello and welcome 101

I said last season we needed to purchase good players even though we finished 7th as we played some dour games even with Brady and D4 before they got injured, we got maybe a couple or 3 which was not enough, the last window we should have been early at the transfer window, we wasn't regardless of over priced players or the lack of effort by the recruitment team, it was a poor window (as per usual), I've said it a thousand times, we cannot compete with many in the transfer stakes and I don't want to throw the kitchen sink at it, but Garlick and Co have cut their cloth too thin, we need to at least compete, and sitting on Millions of £'s instead of investing in players and upping the wage structure a little is the only way to go, we cannot carry on with just sheer grit and determination, we have been very poor for 80% of the games in the Europa and PL so far, and I cannot see it changing much even with Brady and D4 coming back.

Dreadful. Embarrassed.

Thanks for your welcome Altobelli.
    I do agree with you about the need to bring in new players without going OTT. It is just that even average players seem to be £10/£20 million plus wages. It does not take long to go through £100 million at that rate.

I do agree with you about the need to bring in new players without going OTT. It is just that even average players seem to be £10/£20 million plus wages. It does not take long to go through £100 million at that rate.
    You mean average like Woods and Hendrick?

No worries 101, we all tolerate our different views on here, nobody is right or wrong until the cake has been baked, some believe it will come good others like me love the Club but see it not tasting good when finished.

Like CIB has stated Wood and Hendrick are average and not PL standard and I didn't think they would improve the team when we got them, especially Hendrick, even if Wood got better service I think he'd still struggle just like Gray did.

We are in the biggest money league in the World, while we are here we should be pushing the boat out much more than we are doing and increasing the wage structure, there are clauses in contracts that can (and should) be made to drop the wage structure if relegated, and also the sell on fees if we was to fall into the Championship would recoup some (not all) of the money spent, every transfer window gets more expensive and by not using it well in the last 2 will cost us even more now, that's if we survive this year.

Sean Dyche has done a lot for BFC, but while I see the Burnley board as more responsible for our current below par squad, he should not be given special treatment as some of his decisions are wrong and not helping things, his Dyche type player restricts his buying, culling attacking players of their attacking threat with instilling defensive duties is over done IMO, his infuriating substitutions taking an attacker off and putting a defensive player on when we are losing the game is beyond me.

I said more than a couple of windows ago that Dyche was not happy with the money restrictions regardless of him praising the way we have to be frugal, (but what else could he say ? He's not going to lambast the board outright is he ?).

I'm surprised he did not jump ship before now, but seeing as we have been extra bad for all to see I think Sean Dyche could be thinking of pastures new sooner rather than later.

Forgot to mention, while Sub makes a good point about Clubs falling out of the Football League, I don't care about any other Club but BFC, I see us in the money league and IMO are making a bad fist of it while here, once we are out its much harder to return, and that is the whole crux of the matter, make best of what we have now instead of resting on our laurels, or should I say money pot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I see us in the money league and IMO are making a bad fist of it while here, once we are out its much harder to return, and that is the whole crux of the matter, make best of what we have now instead of resting on our laurels, or should I say money pot ?
    true Alto - if we took this level back to the Championship....we'd be lucky to finish mid table - so to stand any chance of a quick bounce back to the PL - we'd have to drop players and spend to up our game...which means the relegated Burnley would be an improvement on what we have now in the PL...well that certainly wouldn't be about the football - would just be hunting another payoff....imo.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)