+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Burnley

101 Welcome. We have a prediction league you are welcome to join in with your skills

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    At least we will still have a football club playing League football to support, we could all be supporting Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Hartlepool United, Gateshead, Halifax, Barrow, Chesterfield, Aldershot, Dagenham and Redbridge, Darlington, Chester, Bradford Park Avenue, Stockport County, Torquay United, Scarborough, Hereford, Ashington, York or Workington to name just a few who have been Football League clubs during my lifetime.
    Bloody hell Sub, Ashington have been a Football League club in your lifetime ? Just how old are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    No worries 101, we all tolerate our different views on here, nobody is right or wrong until the cake has been baked, some believe it will come good others like me love the Club but see it not tasting good when finished.

Like CIB has stated Wood and Hendrick are average and not PL standard and I didn't think they would improve the team when we got them, especially Hendrick, even if Wood got better service I think he'd still struggle just like Gray did.

We are in the biggest money league in the World, while we are here we should be pushing the boat out much more than we are doing and increasing the wage structure, there are clauses in contracts that can (and should) be made to drop the wage structure if relegated, and also the sell on fees if we was to fall into the Championship would recoup some (not all) of the money spent, every transfer window gets more expensive and by not using it well in the last 2 will cost us even more now, that's if we survive this year.

Sean Dyche has done a lot for BFC, but while I see the Burnley board as more responsible for our current below par squad, he should not be given special treatment as some of his decisions are wrong and not helping things, his Dyche type player restricts his buying, culling attacking players of their attacking threat with instilling defensive duties is over done IMO, his infuriating substitutions taking an attacker off and putting a defensive player on when we are losing the game is beyond me.

I said more than a couple of windows ago that Dyche was not happy with the money restrictions regardless of him praising the way we have to be frugal, (but what else could he say ? He's not going to lambast the board outright is he ?).

I'm surprised he did not jump ship before now, but seeing as we have been extra bad for all to see I think Sean Dyche could be thinking of pastures new sooner rather than later.
    Would anybody want him though Alto with our dire style of football and results.? Lol

Welcome 101 ..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell Sub, Ashington have been a Football League club in your lifetime ? Just how old are you ?
    Haha, sinkov, my mistake and I don't know why I put them in there!! I think that it was the late 1920s when they were in Division 3 North and got relegated! I think that my brain must have been scrambled!

I did notice Sub that they were voted out, that was a bit unfortunate. I wonder when the Old Boys Club rules kicked in, when we were growing up in the 50s no one ever got voted out did they ? It was a case of you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I did notice Sub that they were voted out, that was a bit unfortunate. I wonder when the Old Boys Club rules kicked in, when we were growing up in the 50s no one ever got voted out did they ? It was a case of you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.
    It certainly was the case when we were growing up, they all got re-elected for the next season, however, I don't know when those rules kicked in, perhaps it was after WWII when they were re-establishing the leagues.

S.D Post Match.....it's all gone foggy.

lets give them a song.

I've given it nine hours for the fog to clear and assess that performance rationally. So here it is, my calm, considered verdict, jesus wept, we were fecking ****e, Wolves should have scored six.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)