+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Wolves v Burnley

We all knew we should have reinforced in July, we didn't and the consequences are here for all to see.

In reality we got blown away yesterday and the only way is up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We all knew we should have reinforced in July, we didn't and the consequences are here for all to see.

In reality we got blown away yesterday and the only way is up.
    You would have to be very fearful of our survival chances.

No lack of defensive endeavour but no threat upfront.

The stage for this game was set in the first five minutes.

It is hard even now to comprehend that with D4 and Brady still injured/unfit there wasn't replacements lined up six months ago.

Every game we lose makes the next game harder as teams no longer fear us and that's true for the newly promoted ones as well.

Instead of consolidating our last league position we have thrown it all away.

A shadow of what was just one year ago.

Unbelievable.

I said pre-season with Arfield and Marney both leaving and Brady and Defour seriously injured, we had to strengthen our midfield in the close season.
    Stan's blind man on a galloping horse could see it, but our "recruitment team" couldn't. We are deep in the brown stuff now.

Our get out has always been that there will be three teams worse than us. That idea is looking fanciful after yesterday. It reminds me very much of Sean's first seasons in the PL, we didn't spend the cash that summer, the squad was under-strength and we were out of our depth. We've just repeated the exercise and it's very likely it will have the same outcome, you simply can't get away with cheapskating at this level of football.

I said we were relegation fodder after the first couple of games this season.If we struggled and were made to look pedestrian at times against Aberdeen then the writing was on the wall for the PL season.Then the game at Southampton just reinforced my opinion.
    We have zero creativity,very little technical ability,no threat going forward and for the most part it is chasing shadows and hoofball.Even our much famed “group mentality” seems to have disappeared.We are second to most balls and the defense is a shadow of its former self.Wolves had 30 shots to our 7.Fortunately only 7 on target compared to our 2, and 8 corners compared to our 2.We have now been made to look like a pub team by 2 newly promoted outfits.
    It is painful to watch and in my humble opinion it will take nothing short of a miracle to keep us in the PL this season.The premise that there will be 3 teams worse than us is rapidly losing any validity.Tell me 3 teams that are worse than us on the evidence so far?

I am probably the world's greatest living optimist, but after watching us get a proper slapping yesterday against a newly promoted team, I fear the worst.

On a brighter note, for now, the only way is up!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Would anybody want him though Alto with our dire style of football and results.? Lol
    I hear what you are saying alf, but there is always a Club who bet the ranch on getting promoted and might be silly enough to entice our off the boil Sean Dyche.

We just have to finish above Cardiff,Huddersfield and Newcastle.If we can't do that then we deserve to go down.I think we will survive this season but with most Clubs in the Premier League now being owned by billionaires I fear for our longer term future.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)