+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradley Dack

I must admit I was disgusted by his address being printed
    So much for privacy
    I think we are all a bit of a hypocrite
    If dack fires in 20 goals plus this season nobody will even mention the bad stuff he has done off the pitch.
    Mowbray will be aware he has a precarious talent on his hands so a gentle word every now and again while giving him just enough freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I must admit I was disgusted by his address being printed
    So much for privacy
    I think we are all a bit of a hypocrite
    If dack fires in 20 goals plus this season nobody will even mention the bad stuff he has done off the pitch.
    Mowbray will be aware he has a precarious talent on his hands so a gentle word every now and again while giving him just enough freedom.

A player like Dack has existed in football since day one. A highly likeable lad. But will be up to all-sorts off the pitch.
    To be fair, on the pitch, his attitude is excellent.

We talk about Mowbray in comparison to other managers.
    I watched Grealish very closely and while not bad, he, like Dack gets fouled a lot. The main difference is, Dack doesn't fall over. He stays on his feet, he never reacts. He just gets on with it. But the lad is so hard to get off the ball. DG works continually with him to improve this side of his game. And its worked.
    Dack is fast over a 10/15 yards with the ball at his feet, but he doesn't look to go down, he'd rather stay on his feet.
    Grealish falls over. Has no real end product like Dack. And isn't as quick. Or as tough, or as skilful. And isn't as clinical in front of goal.

If Grealish is seriously is valued around £40m, that really helps us. As if a club did want Bradley, that's the fee we should demand. We don't need to sell him, I belive he is happy playing here for now. So slap a huge fee on him, and lets keep the lad happy.
    But he will only stay if the club match his ambition. If we keep strengthening our squad and moving forwards then he may well do that for a couple of seasons. If he carries on like this, he will eventually leave, and command a HUGE price. Its football, it happens. We would however, build a strong side to really go for automatic promotion to the Prem with that money. But our squad will already be there or there abouts next season the way its progressing now, and the investments we are making.
    Brereton has not made an impact so far, as he hasn't been given a proper chance. But I do think he shows some very nice touches. And he looks like he can play anywhere up front.

Mowbray(at supporters meeting).. Dack going nowhere in January..

But..

If he goes.for 25m, TM wants a fair wedge of it to buy 2 or 3 players..

Not for sale, but has a price I guess..!

I think that's partly TM deliberately setting a high bar in terms of a fee.
    Even with 5M knocked off for exaggeration, he is hoping to scare people off. As we know, however, when managers are protecting their position, anything is possible, so even that price might not put someone off as deadline day approaches!

Everyone in football has their price.
    If I had a choice in keeping TM and getting him on a contract, or losing Dack in Jan, id take the latter. As fantastic as he is, he would be replaced. Other players are out there.
    There are very very few TM's out there.

I see Paul Lambert has got off to a flying start with his new club. Still talking a great game I see.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Everyone in football has their price.
    If I had a choice in keeping TM and getting him on a contract, or losing Dack in Jan, id take the latter. As fantastic as he is, he would be replaced. Other players are out there.
    There are very very few TM's out there.

I see Paul Lambert has got off to a flying start with his new club. Still talking a great game I see.
    Currently.. At 20m plus.. Anyone offered that.. I'd snatch their hand off.

Dacks form this season hasn't been that convincing.. No more so than today against PNE apparently.. The goal record this season gives a false impression IMO.. Hopefully prospective buyers don't dig too deeply, as that price will drop like a stone.

This is none of my business again lads... but Im gonna comment on it anyway.

Seriously, Ive thought it and I think Ive posted about it as well on here a few times before. I always thought Bradley Dack was a good player at Gillingham in Lg One, and I thought he was just waiting for a bigger and better team to sign him etc.
    But, why didn't anybody want to sign him though, before your team did and when they did ?.
    (and there have been some suggestions about his problems off the field haven't there, like a bad attitude etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This is none of my business again lads... but Im gonna comment on it anyway.

Seriously, Ive thought it and I think Ive posted about it as well on here a few times before. I always thought Bradley Dack was a good player at Gillingham in Lg One, and I thought he was just waiting for a bigger and better team to sign him etc.
    But, why didn't anybody want to sign him though, before your team did and when they did ?.
    (and there have been some suggestions about his problems off the field haven't there, like a bad attitude etc).
    He is the type who can easily go off the rails away from football, but we have seen no sign of attitude-problems on the field or in training.
    He is going through a more difficult patch at the moment, because he is closely marked, but no-one shows their best form throughout a season. I think most Rovers fans would be very happy if other clubs are put off by his reputation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)