+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby(away)predictions

Rams 1 Bastids 3

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Rams 1 Bastids 3
    Alf - I'll fly over and clean your camper-van if you get this one right!

Alf has tended to get his predictions wrong recently so by predicting a rovers win they might lose
    Alf you are very naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Alf has tended to get his predictions wrong recently so by predicting a rovers win they might lose
    Alf you are very naughty.
    He knows what he's doing does Alf sneaky git

I think TM will make 4 changes tonight.
    Palmer, Reed, Rothwell, Williams in from the start. He may even start with Brereton aswell?

1-1

Interesting starting 11.. Mulgrew 'Ill'..

Half-time. Phew - a bit of a battering, but we survived. I wonder why Conway started on the other flank.
    Shame about the time. I could do with a drink, watching the second half!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Half-time. Phew - a bit of a battering, but we survived. I wonder why Conway started on the other flank.
    Shame about the time. I could do with a drink, watching the second half!
    I'll take that point Thank you very much. Especially without Charlie. Excellent solid result against another so called decent side. We appear to be able to hold our own. One defeat this season. Still early but we need to keep ourselves where we are, and try get a few more wins. And none of the new lads have broken into the side to cement a place yet, but I do like the quality we now have in our match day squad.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'll take that point Thank you very much. Especially without Charlie. Excellent solid result against another so called decent side. We appear to be able to hold our own. One defeat this season. Still early but we need to keep ourselves where we are, and try get a few more wins. And none of the new lads have broken into the side to cement a place yet, but I do like the quality we now have in our match day squad.
    I went back to bed with a cold flannel on my head after that! To be honest, though, I thought we looked most comfortable in the last 15 minutes, which made it a bit less nerve-wracking.
    Lots of Telegraph posters saying we were too defensive. To be honest, I thought the opposite. Given my cautious approach, I wouldn't have started with three attacking players, in a game where we were bound to be on the back foot. Also, I'd have taken Palmer and Armstrong off, moved Conway to the left, brought Bennett on in his usual position, and used just Graham and Dack in attack.
    Mowbray got the job done, however, as he so often does.
    I have to say, Armstrong has only been moderate so far, this season. Palmer? Jury still out.
    Raya and Nyambe were very good. Williams ran miles to cover, and - as usual - Smallwood and Evans did what they're in the team for.
    Dack didn't take the pressure off the defence enough in this match, but he was due an off day. (Does anyone else agree that Dack always seems to look at his best when Bennett is on the pitch? Perhaps it's just coincidence). Graham made a difference.
    When we get through this spell of particularly tough games, I think we might see Rothwell featuring more, but the Telegraph posters who are arguing that Reed and Rothwell should be preferred to Evans and Smallwood from the start are just taking a punt. Why tinker in the area of the pitch that has done us proud? Even the new players seem to accept that.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 19-09-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Fingers to the bone
    Great defensive/bodies on the line performance
    Raya was his usual bundle of worry and brilliance
    Nyambe complete class in defence and going forward
    This was probably not only his best game this season but also lenihan alongside a brilliant Williams
    Bell disappointed going forward but was good defensively just wonder if Williams will take his place against stoke as it will be hard to drop him after THAT performance.
    Smallwood again put in A great performance and since a few including myself questioned his place he has shown his worth.
    As for Bennett and dack aucks
    It is clear to see without the graft of Bennett dack has to do that role alongside his usual class and guile.
    On the whole a gritty performance which made up for the late goal against villa.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)