+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Well it was a bit ranty I'll give you that, besides, 48% of the country (not that many really) couldn't grasp that 52 is more than 48.

Banging on about kids and grandkids an what not, the remain side are teaching kids not to accept a democratic decision. That should bode well for the future. Am done.
    Colliers, 52% of those who voted (not of the country) - I wanted to remain (EU policies on workers rights, maternity & holiday pay will be eroded by the likes of Boris, Nigel, David Davies & Gove) - look at the names! Crikey! Since the referendum, everyone was saying that the worst possible outcome was No Deal, then, in the last few months, our “wonderful” media have increasingly talked about it & now, No Deal is being touted as the best outcome! Everyone is entitled to their opinion & vote, but I truly believe this is madness I would support another referendum as I know a good number of Leavers who feel they made the wrong decision.
    I object to the right wing press & their terminology- brexiteers (as though they are Musketeers & fighting for truth & justice etc) & Remoaners (moaners like me cos they “lost”) - I truly fear for my children’s & grandchildren futures because of this

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is indeed a football website with occasional O/T debates , it not mandatory to read the topic as the threads title tells you it's O/T and not football related .

One of my closet friends is Polish , spoke to him last night as it happpens and I have plans to accept his kind invitation and visit him next year with my partner in Poland .

You have a particularly narcissistic agenda on this board with myself and I'm sure it's getting noted by the mods .

Careful how you go .
    Top people the Poles. Been a few times to Krakow. Magic around Christmas time, and early winter, cold...but the welcome is always warm. Enjoy it mate and don’t miss out on the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Trouble with all this Brexit/Referendum mararkey for me is a lack of respect. We as a Nation voted and a majority was reached.
    Instead of the Politicians respecting the result joining forces and saying right we need to pull together to get the best outcome, too many of them with their own agendas have splintered to undermine everything May and co are doing.
    It was never binding, democracy my arse.

He lives around 20 miles outside Krakow and he's told me what a great city it is .

Definitely going in summer time when it gets really warm and we can have a few beers at night sat outside some nice bars .

My partner wants to go to austwitch which is fairly close by I believe to pay her respects , she lost some relatives there on her dads side who were Czech jewish .

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredpontyend View Post
    The referendum wasn't ever presented as advisory , everyone knew that and it was never going to be any other other than a winner takes all vote .

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredpontyend View Post
    David Cameron categorically stayed it would be the Publics decision, so was presented as such.
    As for democracy it falls into direct democracy (public decide)but not representive democracy(MP decide).

The referendum wasn't ever presented as advisory , everyone knew that and it was never going to be any other other than a winner takes all vote .
    Strange how the 1975 referendum was done in exactly same way but nobody seems to have objected to the fact a referendum would decide and not Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Strange how the 1975 referendum was done in exactly same way but nobody seems to have objected to the fact a referendum would decide and not Parliament.

Now that is a very good point IK

He lives around 20 miles outside Krakow and he's told me what a great city it is .

Definitely going in summer time when it gets really warm and we can have a few beers at night sat outside some nice bars .

My partner wants to go to austwitch which is fairly close by I believe to pay her respects , she lost some relatives there on her dads side who were Czech jewish .
    Stayed in Krakow... grand place but we went in December, when it’s not full of stag do’s. It’s one of those places that just magic at night.
    Auschwitz is just indescribable, somewhere every single person in the world should be made to go..... there’d be less badness, it just hits home what B@stards the human race can be. We went and came back to Krakow on the train afterwards.... just me and the Mrs.......
    train took 3 hours, ( mini bus an hour)...I couldn’t eat in the village so I thought the train would get us home quicker....... it didn’t, but the three hours of silence between us was exactly what was needed. Springtime I think may be nice, but a cold December morning with snow on the ground really brought the place to a Stark reality.
    Wouldn’t go twice..... Couldn’t stomach it.
    Polish food isn’t as bad as people make out...... and they do enjoy a good slurp!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Stayed in Krakow... grand place but we went in December, when it’s not full of stag do’s. It’s one of those places that just magic at night.
    Auschwitz is just indescribable, somewhere every single person in the world should be made to go..... there’d be less badness, it just hits home what B@stards the human race can be. We went and came back to Krakow on the train afterwards.... just me and the Mrs.......
    train took 3 hours, ( mini bus an hour)...I couldn’t eat in the village so I thought the train would get us home quicker....... it didn’t, but the three hours of silence between us was exactly what was needed. Springtime I think may be nice, but a cold December morning with snow on the ground really brought the place to a Stark reality.
    Wouldn’t go twice..... Couldn’t stomach it.
    Polish food isn’t as bad as people make out...... and they do enjoy a good slurp!
    Apparently according to my mate it's mandatory for every Polish school kid to vist Austchvitz as part of their curriculum .

I've actually visted Dakau nearly 25 years ago when I was in Munich for a holiday visting a mate who worked out there , powerful to say the least , you can't really find the words , you just have to experience it and kind of leave it at that , it's something for your own thoughts .

It's hard to put in to words on the internet , it's just too powerful .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 18-09-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast