+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If ever there was a time to pull together and put our political differences to one side post war then I'd pretty much say that time is now .
    They won't pull together, firstly because they wouldn't be able to decide which way to pull and secondly because it has become an issue that the parties and some individuals want to take advantage of.

Chequers is essentially the 'a customs union' that Labour was banging on about on the odd occasion that they have talked about their policy on the issue. Despite that, the party leadership will find some spurious reason to whip their MPs to vote against it.

The Labour leadership is far more concerned about trying to get power so that they can get on with their traditional wrecking of the economy and increasing unemployment. They hope that a defeat on Chequers might facilitate that. Despite that I think enough Labour MPs might support it to allow it to get through.

Av got the answer to it all. Send Goat darn to 10 Darnin Street. He'll sooart it art. Thuz nowt that bloke carnt do, the sun shines arta iz arse.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Eh? The primary criticism of Orban is his anti- Muslim stance, not antisemitism. I know that as a Labour party member you probably have trouble defining antisemitism, but you are well wide of the market.

Orban doesn't want to accept, Muslim immigrants. A couple of years ago, you wanted to eject all Muslims from the UK. That makes you a bit more hypocritical than usual doesn't it?

As for moral bankruptcy, let's not forget your Great Leader

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7875451.html
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN19R24L

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    They won't pull together, firstly because they wouldn't be able to decide which way to pull and secondly because it has become an issue that the parties and some individuals want to take advantage of.

Chequers is essentially the 'a customs union' that Labour was banging on about on the odd occasion that they have talked about their policy on the issue. Despite that, the party leadership will find some spurious reason to whip their MPs to vote against it.

The Labour leadership is far more concerned about trying to get power so that they can get on with their traditional wrecking of the economy and increasing unemployment. They hope that a defeat on Chequers might facilitate that. Despite that I think enough Labour MPs might support it to allow it to get through.
    It's generally accepted that when Labour takes over from a Tory who have held power for a number of years that they have to spend enormous mounts of money to provide fit for purpose services that are often neglected by tory governments .

Police , Firemen , NHS , Schools , Housing , Social Services , it's generally a long and expensive list .

Then again the tax breaks for the well off have to come from somewhere I suppose .

It's generally accepted that when Labour takes over from a Tory who have held power for a number of years that they have to spend enormous mounts of money to provide fit for purpose services that are often neglected by tory governments .

Police , Firemen , NHS , Schools , Housing , Social Services , it's generally a long and expensive list .

Then again the tax breaks for the well off have to come from somewhere I suppose .
    Both Labour and conservative are too similar and neither actually listen to the people, when did they ever eh? I'm going with Anne Marie and For Britain. Good on amimal rights. Good on Brexit and tough on Islam. Lots of people quietly agree with her especially on fgm and cse. Hopefully they listen to their conscience on voting day.

This campaign for another referendum seems to be growing by the day , Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is the latest high profile politician to throw his weight behind this and try to get Corbyn and Labour onside with the idea .

I get the narrative the referendum had more than a hint of skulldugery at play , Leave especially but Remain weren't innocent either .

I get the potential impact of leaving the EU on the people of this country wasn't there , due to the fact Remain fought a poor campaign or the information wasn't available then as it perhaps is now .

The thing is if we have another referendum and Remain win then won't Leave then be entitled to campaign for a third referendum and make it the best of three , like a Lions tour to New Zealand perhaps !!!!! .

I get the sentiment but another referendum will just create yet more splits in political parties which isn't great for democracy and anything other than another victory for Leave will enhance the popularity of the Far Right , not great either if you look at history .

Leave of course could win again and then that will be that you would imagine but then again if it's with an even less winning margin than originally we are possibly back where we are now today .

The only thing that would put this to bed forever is a comprehensive victory for Leave and that's not guaranteed either .

A comprehensive victory for Remain wouldn't work in the same way as they lost the original referendum .

What an absolute shambles we are right now as a nation , or should I say our politicians are and that goes for both the major parties .
    This is a football website not a site for brexitears who just want us out of the European Union because they don't like migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by theojustice View Post
    This is a football website not a site for brexitears who just want us out of the European Union because they don't like migrants.
    This is indeed a football website with occasional O/T debates , it not mandatory to read the topic as the threads title tells you it's O/T and not football related .

One of my closet friends is Polish , spoke to him last night as it happpens and I have plans to accept his kind invitation and visit him next year with my partner in Poland .

You have a particularly narcissistic agenda on this board with myself and I'm sure it's getting noted by the mods .

Careful how you go .

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Both Labour and conservative are too similar and neither actually listen to the people, when did they ever eh? I'm going with Anne Marie and For Britain. Good on amimal rights. Good on Brexit and tough on Islam. Lots of people quietly agree with her especially on fgm and cse. Hopefully they listen to their conscience on voting day.
    Did tha know Bankend Anne Marie is a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Did tha know Bankend Anne Marie is a racist.
    got my vote

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    got my vote
    Tha a French man then.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast