+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by theojustice View Post
    Once again this is a football website and there should be no politics on it but saying that brexit isn't just politcs it is a bunch of conspirators who have come up with the idea of using scumbags who dislike migrants and people of colour to win a vote and thus give these tories more dictatorial powers over the all the people in Britain.

Don't post then

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Here's my take on our current position

May is a remainer at heart
    May is making a botch of things with the Tory Grandees pulling the strings
    Thatcher thought she was in control but in the end she wasn't
    May [& the nomark Gove] keep reiterating the mantra that accepting the peoples wishes must honoured
    There are forces at work promoting the idea that the people should decide on the outcome of the negotiations with the "EU" with a vote [referendum] on the outcome
    Options being
    accept the deal [whatever it is]
    accept no deal
    REMAIN
    If by this means the vote is to remain, it will be the will of the people thus absolving our politicians of any responsibility which I believe is the end game
    That is quite a theory, Exile – a lot of moving parts.

May supported the remain campaign, but her political future, such as it is, depends upon delivering Brexit and she must know that. Neither she nor the Tories would survive a u-turn on the outcome of the 2016 referendum. She may well not survive a ‘successful’ Brexit if the Europhobe wing of her party doesn’t like the final deal.

I don’t think May is making a botch of anything. She is playing the hand dealt by the electorate and in Chequers has come up with what is probably the most pragmatic approach possible if a ‘no deal’ exit is to be avoided.

As for the notion that Tory grandees (whoever they might be) are working in the background, I would suggest that doesn’t hold water. The Tories have always been split on Europe, because large swathes of the party are Eurosceptic. Starting with Thatcher, the Tories have easily been the most Eurosceptic party short of the BNP and UKIP. At the present time it is the centre Left in the form of the Lib Dems who are most pro-EU (who knows what Labour thinks about it). And how does the notion that there is a Tory plot to frustrate Brexit sit with the call from the GMB that there be a second public vote? I think it unlikely that they would be influenced by Tory grandees.

If there were to be a third referendum before Brexit was completed and the public endorsed remain then of course the politicians would be absolved of responsibility for remaining, because they would be putting the will of the people into effect. I would have a small wager with you that there will be no such vote, however.

Quote Originally Posted by theojustice View Post
    Once again this is a football website and there should be no politics on it but saying that brexit isn't just politcs it is a bunch of conspirators who have come up with the idea of using scumbags who dislike migrants and people of colour to win a vote and thus give these tories more dictatorial powers over the all the people in Britain.
    Seek help.

Woodward & Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Seek help.

He's in deepest Darbysheer , and we'll beyond HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

Woodward & Bernstein
    Lambert & Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Lambert & Butler
    Dempsay and Makepeace.

Ohh don't we just love these boring long winded political threads on here eh ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 20-09-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohh don't we just love these boring long winded political threads on here eh ?.
    Well as it’s the most replied to and viewed thread on the forum at the moment I’d say yes. Maybe try and start a few threads yourself eh ?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast