+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha can see the role of the "free press" with PR headlines. Goat will tek lessons how to spin a story.

"May's Finest Hour" invoking images of Churchill

"The lady's not for turning" invoking images of Thatcher

"Up EURS" with May on the cliffs of Dover in a Union Jack skirt

May ez c0cked up big time. The cynic in me thinks it is all a big con. Both sides will come to an agreement at the last minute following "tough" negotiations. We will shell art £39 Billion, EU trade rules will apply, we will obey EU rules wi art evvin a vote, EU court rules will apply to us, no change on EU immigration, Ireland controls will be based away from the border but will still be applied.

All sold as a "success".
    I thought she was rather magnificent, SB. Thatcher reborn, but dealing with the enemy without rather than the one within. The first time I have been impressed by her since she came to power.

You have to bear in mind the game that the EU are playing. They are used to member nations holding multiple referenda until they get the answer that they want. That's why the mood music coming from certain EU leaders prior to Salzburg was how much they would welcome a second (technically third) referendum and why May then got roughed up at the conference to try to push us into agreeing to one.

Even if Labour can't hold the line (and irrespective of my own views), I agree with May that it would be a betrayal not to put the outcome 2016 referendum into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I thought she was rather magnificent, SB. Thatcher reborn, but dealing with the enemy without rather than the one within. The first time I have been impressed by her since she came to power.

You have to bear in mind the game that the EU are playing. They are used to member nations holding multiple referenda until they get the answer that they want. That's why the mood music coming from certain EU leaders prior to Salzburg was how much they would welcome a second (technically third) referendum and why May then got roughed up at the conference to try to push us into agreeing to one.

Even if Labour can't hold the line (and irrespective of my own views), I agree with May that it would be a betrayal not to put the outcome 2016 referendum into effect.
    If tha thinks May has "dealt with" the EU Kerr tha'r in a different world. They ev stitched May up like a kippa.

May isn't purrin the 2016 decision into effect. She wants to be heyf in and heyf art and they are not evvin it. Brexit means Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If tha thinks May has "dealt with" the EU Kerr tha'r in a different world. They ev stitched May up like a kippa.

May isn't purrin the 2016 decision into effect. She wants to be heyf in and heyf art and they are not evvin it. Brexit means Brexit.
    I don't think May has dealt with the EU, but she has set down a marker that needed to be set down.

So you’re a hard Brexit kind of guy? Standing shoulder to shoulder with Boris and Rees-Mogg?

You do realise that we’ll all have to meet the costs of customs checks and tariffs in the absence of a free trade deal with the EU? All the basics will go up – Spanish broccoli and asparagus, French and Italian cheeses and wines, Dutch saladings, Asbin’s Volvos etc. And it will, of course, be the poorest in society who will feel the greatest impact.

" And it will, of course, be the poorest in society who will feel the greatest impact."

but it certainly won't be you now will it?
    Less sales of Spanish broccoli Italian wines French cheeses Don't suppose those nations will be too chuffed
    Since when have you given two hoots about the poorest in society Kerr
    Your posts consistently show nothing but contempt for them & those who seek to represent them
    Your "concern" is about as sincere as Maybot's "Brexit means Brexit" so just stop all this arsewipe crocodile tears
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 23-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Absolutely not ..Lets get out of Europe..

In fact the governments next Public Poll should be " should all yawkshiremen be gelded..Yes or Yes "

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

In fact the governments next Public Poll should be " should all yawkshiremen be gelded..Yes or Yes "

I'd love to be covered in gold me

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The people who own Brexit are the people who voted for it, animal. People like you. To try to blame the Tories or Blair is laughable. You were given a choice and excercised it.

What's the word coming out of Momentum? What are the instructions on how to spin the prospect of Labour signing up to a second referendum?
    The German people voted for Adolf Hitler in the early 1930's , do you blame them for the outbreak of WW2 ?

The Labour party and associated bodies are pretty much the same as everywhere else in the country and split on Brexit .

Why would they be any different ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Load a ballax !!! Besides wat wud the Lanky Lasses think ? Deprived of good Yorksha meyt , they Luvvit !!

Should Lanks and Yorksheer ( best county ) join forces ? Wid sooin soort North /Sarf divide ,,

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    " And it will, of course, be the poorest in society who will feel the greatest impact."

but it certainly won't be you now will it?
    Less sales of Spanish broccoli Italian wines French cheeses Don't suppose those nations will be too chuffed
    Since when have you given two hoots about the poorest in society Kerr
    Your posts consistently show nothing but contempt for them & those who seek to represent them
    Your "concern" is about as sincere as Maybot's "Brexit means Brexit" so just stop all this arsewipe crocodile tears
    Given your Brexit means Brexit comment, I'm guessing that you are not a fan of Chequers and are with SB, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage on a hard exit?

I'm guessing that your comment about Italy and France means that you have also bought into the hard Brexiteer view that there will be a deal simply because the continent would suffer in a no deal outcome as we would? They surely will, but you are missing the point, which is that both those countries will be left with free access to a huge economic free trade area, which means that they can handle any disruption to cross channel trade far more easily than we can - a country that cannot produce enough food to feed itself.

If I am further understanding your post correctly, you think I am disqualified from commenting upon any impact upon the poor, because I am not a fan of Corbett? Well you are and you are also a Brexit supporter, so what are your views upon the potential for rising prices on the poor? Is it worth it to have a few less Polish delicatessens? What are your views or are you going to go all coy and Cambridge Analytica?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast