+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The German people voted for Adolf Hitler in the early 1930's , do you blame them for the outbreak of WW2 ?
    If the Germans had voted for World War 2 then of course they would be responsible for it. You voted for Brexit, not for a new government led by a bloke with a moustache. You own it.

I see that McCluskey doesn’t like the idea of a second (technically third) referendum, so there will be some interesting tensions at the top of the party
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 23-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    If the Germans had voted for World War 2 then of course they would be responsible for it. You voted for Brexit, not for a new government led by a bloke with a moustache. You own it.

I see that McCluskey doesn’t like the idea of a second (technically third) referendum, so there will be some interesting tensions at the top of the party
    The point is both governments have created the environment that led to brexit , if you create those conditions then you also have to accept the responsibility as well as the electorate .

Blair's government opened the doors to eastern european migration without the necessary infrastructure in place , housing , schools , nhs etc .

The tories added to that with their austerity programme creating conditions for volatility , similar conditions enabled The Nazi party to grab power in the early 1930's .

To pin the whole show on the electorate is like someone blaming Hank and Martha Zuckerman from Alabama for the 2008 financial crash although I can't remember Hank and Martha having to pay out large sums of money to US mortgage providers via regulators or facing Congress committees .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 23-09-2018 at 06:56 PM.

I wouldn't have thought Johnson , Gove , Rees Mogg or Duncan Smith would be too happy either .

Perhaps they could form an alliance ? , Rees Mogg addressing a Unite rally would be a hot ticket .

Given your Brexit means Brexit comment, I'm guessing that you are not a fan of Chequers and are with SB, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage on a hard exit?

I'm guessing that your comment about Italy and France means that you have also bought into the hard Brexiteer view that there will be a deal simply because the continent would suffer in a no deal outcome as we would? They surely will, but you are missing the point, which is that both those countries will be left with free access to a huge economic free trade area, which means that they can handle any disruption to cross channel trade far more easily than we can - a country that cannot produce enough food to feed itself.

If I am further understanding your post correctly, you think I am disqualified from commenting upon any impact upon the poor, because I am not a fan of Corbett? Well you are and you are also a Brexit supporter, so what are your views upon the potential for rising prices on the poor? Is it worth it to have a few less Polish delicatessens? What are your views or are you going to go all coy and Cambridge Analytica?

Was it not Maybot that coined Brexit means Brexit & it seems Chequers isn't liked anymore by many
    I recall that you in the early post referendum period were in favour of leave then you were undecided but now seem to favour remain
    What's your opinion on the the poor got to do with Corbyn
    Views expressed should at least carry some sincerity & your continuous contempt for the poorer & those who seek to represent them
    lead me to conclude that you are not
    Just what are your views on Cambridge Analytica

The point is both governments have created the environment that led to brexit , if you create those conditions then you also have to accept the responsibility as well as the electorate .

Blair's government opened the doors to eastern european migration without the necessary infrastructure in place , housing , schools , nhs etc .

The tories added to that with their austerity programme creating conditions for volatility , similar conditions enabled The Nazi party to grab power in the early 1930's .

To pin the whole show on the electorate is like someone blaming Hank and Martha Zuckerman from Alabama for the 2008 financial crash although I can't remember Hank and Martha having to pay out large sums of money to US mortgage providers via regulators or facing Congress committees .
    What utter cobblers, anmal.

Parliament gave you the opportunity to choose and you put your X against leave. Why can't you accept responsibility for that? In light of view that you expressed about Europe earlier in the thread, I imagine that you will do the same again if, God forbid, Labour gets into power and gives you the chance to vote again. Will that be everybody’s but your fault too?

I wouldn't have thought Johnson , Gove , Rees Mogg or Duncan Smith would be too happy either .

Perhaps they could form an alliance ? , Rees Mogg addressing a Unite rally would be a hot ticket .
    I'd certainly pay to see that. It would be ugly. Rees-Mogg has repeatedly shown his willingness to politely face down Left wing mobs, even when they turn up at his home and frighten his children. You have to admire him for that. Well, you do if you have an ounce of fairness and objectivity in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Was it not Maybot that coined Brexit means Brexit & it seems Chequers isn't liked anymore by many
    I recall that you in the early post referendum period were in favour of leave then you were undecided but now seem to favour remain
    What's your opinion on the the poor got to do with Corbyn
    Views expressed should at least carry some sincerity & your continuous contempt for the poorer & those who seek to represent them
    lead me to conclude that you are not
    Just what are your views on Cambridge Analytica
    It certainly was May who said Brexit means Brexit. Well spotted.

Can you give an example of my 'continuous contempt for the poorer & those who seek to represent them'? If you mean that i think Corbett would be a calamity for this country, then fair enough, but I'm interested in the contempt for the poorer suggestion.

You missed my question: What are your views upon the potential for rising prices on the poor? Is it worth it to have a few less Polish delicatessens?

I don't really have a view about Cambridge Analytica. I presumed that you have as I recall you starting a thread about it on Millers Mad, but without giving your view on it, which was a bit odd.

It certainly was May who said Brexit means Brexit. Well spotted.

Can you give an example of my 'continuous contempt for the poorer & those who seek to represent them'? If you mean that i think Corbett would be a calamity for this country, then fair enough, but I'm interested in the contempt for the poorer suggestion.

You missed my question: What are your views upon the potential for rising prices on the poor? Is it worth it to have a few less Polish delicatessens?

I don't really have a view about Cambridge Analytica. I presumed that you have as I recall you starting a thread about it on Millers Mad, but without giving your view on it, which was a bit odd.

You don't recollect very well The post was an invite for you to open the " debate"
    As a matter of interest when was the last thread you started?

What utter cobblers, anmal.

Parliament gave you the opportunity to choose and you put your X against leave. Why can't you accept responsibility for that? In light of view that you expressed about Europe earlier in the thread, I imagine that you will do the same again if, God forbid, Labour gets into power and gives you the chance to vote again. Will that be everybody’s but your fault too?
    That's my opinion and I'm fully entitled to it as you are to yours .

If I were to vote again it's possible I may vote differently because since the referendum took place I'm more exposed in the workplace to a no deal brexit than I was at the time the referendum took place .

That said a democratic vote should be respected and any such future referendum would play straight in to the right wings arms .

I'd certainly pay to see that. It would be ugly. Rees-Mogg has repeatedly shown his willingness to politely face down Left wing mobs, even when they turn up at his home and frighten his children. You have to admire him for that. Well, you do if you have an ounce of fairness and objectivity in you.
    He knew they were coming , that's why he smiled at the press and commented they were late .

It was the far left group Class War I believe , he is a very polite man and I agree .

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast