+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Would You Welcome Another Referendum On Brexit ?

On 16th September, you said:

Pay what we owe and just leave , end of.

Now you are saying:

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If I were to vote again it's possible I may vote differently because since the referendum took place I'm more exposed in the workplace to a no deal brexit than I was at the time the referendum took place .
    Are you sure that you actually know what you believe?

You've got me with the Hank and Martha Zuckerman thing. Who are they? There are a few on the internet, but none obviously relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You don't recollect very well The post was an invite for you to open the " debate"
    As a matter of interest when was the last thread you started?
    Yes, that's the thread - you started it without expressing a view. Very odd! How have I not recollected very well?

I think I've only ever started two or three threads. I can't be sure, but I think the last one may have been when I wished you and your fellow posters a Happy St George's Day about three years ago. So possibly 23rd April 2015, but +/- 1 year.

Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    On 16th September, you said:

Pay what we owe and just leave , end of.

Now you are saying:

Are you sure that you actually know what you believe?

You've got me with the Hank and Martha Zuckerman thing. Who are they? There are a few on the internet, but none obviously relevant.
    Yes I'm perfectly fine with my stance , the paragraph you omitted from my post expresses my concerns over a second referendum and the one you've shown shows how my circumstances have changed since we had the vote on the EU .

I think you know perfectly well who Hank and Martha represent .

Kerr I'll be perfectly honest with you I'm not in the mood for cat n mouse debates after witnessing a good bloke fighting for his life in front of my eyes yesterday afternoon .

If you are seeking to push buttons your wasting your time right now .

Look, the EU were never going to make this easy were they. Pay up and leave wasn't going to be allowed.

They've consistently treated us with thinly veiled contempt throughout this process and intend to play hard ball to the very end to try and force a second referendum.

In my view a second referendum would be an embarrassment for our country and for democracy.
    And where would it end,shall we have another general election until we get the tories out ? Shall we have another vote on Scottish independence until the SNP win ?
    This is not going to be easy, the EU will make it tough for us in order to send out a message to the Italians,Austrians, Dutch and any other country kicking back against this tide of mass unchecked movement of people and cultures with no thought for the countries and infrastructure their moving to.

A second referendum NO. We voted leave, end of.

I'd just like to add that I'm not opposed to immigration, just uncontrolled immigration.
    Last edited by red flagged; 23-09-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Look, the EU were never going to make this easy were they. Pay up and leave wasn't going to be allowed.

They've consistently treated us with thinly veiled contempt throughout this process and intend to play hard ball to the very end to try and force a second referendum.

In my view a second referendum would be an embarrassment for our country and for democracy.
    And where would it end,shall we have another general election until we get the tories out ? Shall we have another vote on Scottish independence until the SNP win ?
    This is not going to be easy, the EU will make it tough for us in order to send out a message to the Italians,Austrians, Dutch and any other country kicking back against this tide of mass unchecked movement of people and cultures with no thought for the countries and infrastructure their moving to.

A second referendum NO. We voted leave, end of.

I'd just like to add that I'm not opposed to immigration, just uncontrolled immigration.
    The biggest mistake she's made is to go with the old tory play book of divide and conquer tactics with the EU , this may have had considerable success in the UK but looking to find favour with individual EU leaders away from Brussels was never going to work with such a solid body .

This seems to have hardened their stance in my opinion .

She'll need her best begging trousers on now to secure a deal and that's only half her problem because if it doesn't cut ice with Johnson and co she's going to face an extremely difficult term at home .

Corbyn's tactics seem to be to use the whole gig to take us in to a GE , I'd suggest that's just about the last thing we need and I'm all for getting the tories out at most times but right now wouldn't be good for the nation as a whole .

I’d hazard a guess that 98% of all the people who voted “Out” would be more than happy for us to leave without any deal at all, and would vote the government that made it happen back in again. ( whichever Government it was). Had Labour been in power at the time of the referendum, what do you think would have happened differently to what is happening now.. Would they have had an easier ride from the EU Eurocrats? ..Would they have followed the wishes of the people’s vote? .?
    And I ask that as a serious question, not a challenge to any of your particular political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’d hazard a guess that 98% of all the people who voted “Out” would be more than happy for us to leave without any deal at all, and would vote the government that made it happen back in again. ( whichever Government it was). Had Labour been in power at the time of the referendum, what do you think would have happened differently to what is happening now.. Would they have had an easier ride from the EU Eurocrats? ..Would they have followed the wishes of the people’s vote? .?
    And I ask that as a serious question, not a challenge to any of your particular political views.
    If Labour had been in power there would not have been this ridiculous referendum it was Cameron backing down to his Euro sceptic right wingers, I would imagine if they had, had a stronger leader there would not have been a vote.

Thankfully he was in power and the people of the country got the chance to have a vote

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

May, Gove, Johnson,Mogg, Davies ,Corbyn,McDonnell, Cable
    Not one of them worth a blow on the ragman's trumpet & all quite happy to play games with our futures
    I struggle to name a politician of any party who I could truly say I would trust

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Yes, that's the thread - you started it without expressing a view. Very odd! How have I not recollected very well?

I think I've only ever started two or three threads. I can't be sure, but I think the last one may have been when I wished you and your fellow posters a Happy St George's Day about three years ago. So possibly 23rd April 2015, but +/- 1 year.

Why do you ask?

The post was an invite for you to open the " debate"

I ask because starting a thread good or bad at least takes some degree of original thought
    Your last one of THREE years ago wishing all us non Muslims a sarcastic Happy St Georges Day illustrates your ability, or lack of, very well in this regard {notice you haven't bothered since a further indication of sincerity]
    Get my drift?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 24-09-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast