+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about this??

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    How do citizens arrests work?
    Tell the suspect plainly that you are making a citizen's arrest and that you are holding him or her until police arrive. Call the police. Ask explicitly for his or her cooperation until police arrive. Avoid using force, if at all possible, and use it to the minimum possible.
    You are digging yourself a huge hole here.

"Oh you there you scoundrel I am holding you here until the boys in blue come to take you away to the cells!" "Now dont you move you rotten old tomato I cant use force you know but I'm a bit of a brute!"

It's extremely unprofessional for a club official steward to be making comments like yours on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Please show me where I said use physical force to hold them.
    Ok, it seems you have the ability to write, but the question is can you read what you have written?

Personally I've never had a problem with the whole "citizens arrest" malarkey....tell him to stay there while the authorities arrive, if he moves, slap him around a few times....when they get there and ask why he's curled in a ball, bleeding, tell them he fell over trying to escape....simples

ps make sure your mate has disposed of the half of the pool cue, before the police get there.....works every time.

It has been mentioned a few times that these guys were Mansfield fans. How do people know that? I can't imagine a situation where I would go to a Stags game unless they were playing Notts. Seems a bit bizarre really.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Your thread on there titled let's have a thread about Notts County is in poor taste then you have the two cnuts sharing brain cell for the day smashing in people in our Kop toilets, you really are a lovely bunch of people aren't you. Thing is we don't have a thread titled let's talk about Mansfield cause we don't actually care about Mansfield but you seem to have a fascination with us. You seem obsessed by little old Notts County, why don't you concentrate on your own team seeing as you're so magnificent and we're so crap.
    Come on, that's nonsense. I always look out for Mansfield results, and it's one of the first games I look for when the fixtures are released, simply because they're the closest thing we have to a local rivalry. You can't have a rivalry without interest. And because of that, there's no team I would rather beat in L2 than Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Talk about this on stagsnet. Why would Mansfield town fans go to notts county while Mansfield town were at home. If whatever was alleged to have happened did indeed happen, they weren't Mansfield town fans were they?

They could have been from Mansfield however. Don't confuse the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Come on, that's nonsense. I always look out for Mansfield results, and it's one of the first games I look for when the fixtures are released, simply because they're the closest thing we have to a local rivalry. You can't have a rivalry without interest. And because of that, there's no team I would rather beat in L2 than Mansfield.
    Well that's how you do it, fair enough mate. I don't look for Mansfield results at all unless as you say we play them then obviously it's good to beat them but we hardly ever do thesedays which is annoying. I'm only bothered what Notts are doing. Maybe I still see us as playing well below where in my mind we should be and were when I was young so I don't class them as a rival. I'm not a snob in the way that I don't think congratulations to anyone doing well for themselves but I can't get that excited for a game against Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Well that's how you do it, fair enough mate. I don't look for Mansfield results at all unless as you say we play them then obviously it's good to beat them but we hardly ever do thesedays which is annoying. I'm only bothered what Notts are doing. Maybe I still see us as playing well below where in my mind we should be and were when I was young so I don't class them as a rival. I'm not a snob in the way that I don't think congratulations to anyone doing well for themselves but I can't get that excited for a game against Mansfield.
    Same here, I have no interest in Mansfield, what their results are, where they are in the table, whatever.

I may be deluded in seeing Forest as our rivals, but no more deluded than them in seeing Derby as theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Same here, I have no interest in Mansfield, what their results are, where they are in the table, whatever.

I may be deluded in seeing Forest as our rivals, but no more deluded than them in seeing Derby as theirs.
    Forest and Derby play in the same division, so it's totally different. Derby may be better than them, but they quite clearly are rivals. Until we find ourselves in the same league, I'm afraid our rivalry will have to be with Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Forest and Derby play in the same division, so it's totally different. Derby may be better than them, but they quite clearly are rivals. Until we find ourselves in the same league, I'm afraid our rivalry will have to be with Mansfield.
    Don't agree with that at all. What has playing in the same division got to do with rivalry? Are you saying Bristol City and Bristol Rovers can't be rivals? When Rangers were demoted, did their rivalry with Celtic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't agree with that at all. What has playing in the same division got to do with rivalry? Are you saying Bristol City and Bristol Rovers can't be rivals? When Rangers were demoted, did their rivalry with Celtic stop?
    I agree, Derby will always be our main rivals no matter what division Derby or Forest are in.

Notts County are seen by Forest Fans as an irritating little brother rather than a rival!
    Last edited by essexred52; 18-09-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast